Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ms4 cam install

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ms4 cam install

i have a ls6 out of a 04 zo6 and putting it into a 92 z28 convertible and getting ready to order a ms4 cam,springs and push rods the engine is all stock with 20k on it will i need to do anything to the engine like flycutting the pistons i know it will be close but i just wanted to see what everyone else has done and what lsa do you think i should get it is not going to be a dd just onec a week i just want it to sound good thanks
Old 01-23-2011, 06:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

get a ls2 timing chain,contact TSP and ask them.I would get the compcam trunnion upgrade bearing from TSP and the cam install kit.go to ls1howto.com for instructions.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Clearance will be fine on stock heads..
Old 01-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Internet Mechanic

That cam was designed with a stock motor in mind. I would ask TSP but if I recall they specifically state that tolerence should ALWAYS be verified. Due to Milage, I myself have reused timing chain and oil pump but those could be things you can do,
Old 01-24-2011, 01:27 PM
FormerVendor

You shouldn't have any PTV issues with that cam on factory heads. Like with ANY cam, check PTV before you fire it up. I would tell you to do that on a 220R cam as well. Everyone makes mistakes and it is easier to fix before you bend all the valves. (knocking on wood of you!) I would recommend a pump and chain while you are in the motor but it isn't a must. Same goes with the trunion upgrade kit. It is nice to have in there but not a must. Stock rockers work fine on that cam but every now and then they kick the needle bearings out. I have seen them do the same on a stock cam as well. Just double check everything and take your time and you should be good!

Jon