New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

convertible or t top

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011 | 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

Im happy with my hard top but i would much rather have ttops. A very is an awesome feeling, havent owned one but there so much fun to drive. I think i would be content with any of them.. If i was buying new, ttops. BTW that vert at the top of the page looks wicked
Old 02-13-2011 | 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by eseibel67
If I'm going to be doing 60MPH for more than 10 minutes, the windows go up. It makes a world of difference in comfort.

But as soon as I get into town, the windows go down. Windows up with the top down just looks so gay.
Thank you. That's exactly what I'm talking about.
Old 02-14-2011 | 02:58 AM
Teching In

I just purchased a 97 T/A vert this weekend and LOVE it. Yes, there is more stability with a hard top or ttop car but verts are less common. I wanted an american v8 muscle car that was a convertible and lets face it, the options are limited. If I wanted a 4 or 6 cylinder front wheel drive car, the options are much greater but where is the fun in that. My intentions with this car is not to drag race it but to drive it and enjoy it.

They just dont make them like they use to.

Buy the car that closes fits the driving you want to do, dont buy something and try and make it something its not... Best of luck with which ever you choose.

Last edited by CLA803; 02-14-2011 at 03:23 AM.
Old 02-14-2011 | 03:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Windows up with the top down just looks so gay.
Whatevah!

Old 02-14-2011 | 07:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

OP,

I have a 96 LT1 Formula Vert and just purchased a 00 WS6 T-top. I prefer the T-top ten fold. I will say it's nice owning one of each though! Just be aware that if you're buying a convertible that when it's time for a new top, you're going to be spending quite a few $$$ to get it done. If I remember correctly, I spent $1400 on my 96 top.
Old 02-14-2011 | 09:13 AM
TECH Junkie

i'd say the t-top but i am also liking the 'vert now that my DD is a vert although i haven't gotten a chance to put the top down in it since i took it to have some maintenance done last fall when my dad still had it. once i move to SW Florida in 2 weeks, that's going to change (i doubt i'll make it all the way through the state of FL before pulling over and dropping the top, lol)
Old 02-14-2011 | 01:04 PM
Rockstar

Don't forget the #1 reason and perk of owning a convertible.

Bitches love it. It hauls them in. If you car rumbles, it's all the better for it.
Old 02-14-2011 | 01:19 PM
Teching In

I've had all three - HT/TT/Vert - hard top is rigid but no fun, very is very fun but the car flexes like a chuck wagon. T-Tops are the best of both worlds...
Old 02-14-2011 | 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Johnny-LT1-runner
Don't forget the #1 reason and perk of owning a convertible.

Bitches love it. It hauls them in. If you car rumbles, it's all the better for it.
If your gunna be having anyfun though the top will be up and tint on the windows.
Old 02-15-2011 | 05:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ThreeFiveSS
I've had all three - HT/TT/Vert - hard top is rigid but no fun, very is very fun but the car flexes like a chuck wagon. T-Tops are the best of both worlds...
Have to agree here. T-Tops are rigid enough to get the job done and if your in the mood you can remove them. I haven't had a chick say she doesn't want to go for a ride with the tops out!
Old 02-16-2011 | 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

I bought my first Camaro almost a year ago. 2000 SS convertible. Got a great deal on it, one owner, always garage kept and unmolested. It had a new top on it already and I got it for $7000. I hadn't even planned on buying a car when I ran accross this, but decided to jump on it. Love the car. Can't speek for the others, TT, or HT, hell I have never even been in one, this was a first for me. I guess if you had the choice, maybe catch a ride with someone that has one and go from there. Not everyone likes verts, my wife hates it.
Old 02-16-2011 | 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

If I'm going to be doing 60MPH for more than 10 minutes, the windows go up. It makes a world of difference in comfort.

But as soon as I get into town, the windows go down. Windows up with the top down just looks so gay.
I lol'd.

@op, It's all personal opinion. Only a select group:
1. Think convertibles look good. (I personally think it looks good up too. )
2. Like the feeling of the elements

Also, fwiw women seem to really like the car.
Old 02-22-2011 | 01:25 AM
Staging Lane

lmao about the welfare people. thats where you get some limo tint so it keeps em guessing. 9/10 windows down top down. but if i have to hold a phone conversation i just roll em up with the top down and do just fine. sometimes its nice to have em up. but with clear glass leave em down! lol black glass makes it all the better!!! imo!

Quick Reply: convertible or t top