Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! Water Leak in rear hatch. :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP!!! Water Leak in rear hatch. :(

I have just recently begun to get decent water build up in the T-top compartment of my 00 Hawk? Its driving me nuts, not only cause its raining almost every other day here in Fl!

But I dont want rust and all that. Right now, I am guessing its coming from the pass. side of the rear hatch were I found what looked to be dried up spots of water build up? I would very much be greatful for any info anyone has on this. And tips on fixing it! Thanks guys n gals
Old 02-08-2011, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is rubber weather stripping that routes around the entire hatch area right above your tail lights once you open the hatch. Mine came off somehow in the corner once and flooded the entire hatch. I used some really heavy duty glue stuff my shop teacher let me borrow (forgot the name) and haven't had a problem since. Check the weather stripping and see if any areas are loose
Old 02-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

I'd like to know too, my car only has 37k miles and I always get a soggy drivers side floor when it rains, and once had about 2 inches of water in the trunk... T-tops and hatch seals look good
Old 02-09-2011, 03:53 AM
On The Tree

I have had both the flooded pass foot well and the flooded hatch area, on my 98 Z-28. Both where due to bad glue. The windshield was leasking at the top middle. There is a rectangular notch there and they had glued from one side around the windshield to the otherside, but had not glued above the notch. As a result water that seeped past the gasket ran through that notch, across the headliner, and down behind the A pillar trim and kick panel.
A year after getting that fixed I started getting the water in the back, couldn't figure that one out until it got so bad that I noticed that when I closed the hatch, the glass was moving. Sure enough when the glass guys pulled the rear hatch glass the adhesive was loose from the body around the bottom third of the glass.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Staging Lane

For the hatch also check the two rubber bump stops you can screw them in some to help tighten up the seal. Mine leaked when I first got it I tighten them up and it no longer leaks unless I got it parked on uneven surfaces stupid chassis flex Same with my t-tops gotta have it parked on flat ground to keep it from leaking hope it helps wet interiors suck it can be quite the battle but once you fix them it feels so nice
Old 02-09-2011, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys for the tips. I do have a town section in the weather stripping. Never had it from there before, but who knows? I already planned on changing it do to that. But never got the water build up till a week or so ago. Oh well, I will give all these tips a look over and do what I can! Thanks again everyone!

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Water Leak in rear hatch. :(