Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new ls1 owner, 99 ws6

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 05:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by safemode
Why bother with an egr delete? EGR doesn't do anything open throttle and lowers rpm (and fuel consumption). When it comes to parasitic smog systems on the car, the EGR is the least intrusive or performance effecting.
I didn't take the whole egr out. just the simple mod where you pull the egr tube out of the top of the intake and trim it back so it doesn't hang down into the air way. I know it's not going to pick up a ton of power from it, but it was simple to do and figured it couldn't hurt. only took me about 5 minutes to do. did the tb bypass while I was at it since it was right there and easy to get to.

I am from lakeland, florida. right between tampa and orlando. I wish I could find a t56 for under 1000. around here a very used lt1 transmission alone (no clutch, or anything) goes for around 1200. an ls trans goes for 1500 or better.

another little update. had been having issues with the radio. the stock radio display was out and would come on and off randomly. so I swapped in my cd/mp3 player I kept out of my f-150. it came on for a minute and went back off. so I messed with it for a few minutes, checking fuses etc. nothing. put the stock radio back in and still nothing. so i left it alone for a week. while my exhaust note is beautiful and melodious, I began to miss music and my morning radio show (bubba army!). so on my lunch break today I began tracing wires. well as it turns out the groundwire from the factory plug had been pulled back a little and wasn't making contact. i pushed it back forward and it snapped into place. works beautifully now