Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP LS6 intake part number

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP LS6 intake part number

I found an intake in the classifieds that is being sold as an LS6 intake made by SLP. I noticed a thread on this subject and studied the photo of the base carefully. The flat bottom and brass fitting (EGR) are definitely helpful. But, I was hoping to find the part number since I doubt it will have a GM part number. I found threads with the GM part numbers listed for F-body and Vette LS6 intakes. But, I have not found the SLP LS6 intake part number. Does anyone have the SLP version of the LS6 intake? If so, would you post the part number? I want to be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that I am buying an LS6 intake and not a modified LS1 intake. Also, I heard that the SLP version doesn't flow as well as the F-body/Vette LS6 intakes. Does anyone have any experience with the SLP vs. the GM LS6 intakes? I figured for $225, as long as it is an LS6 intake (flat bottom and brass fitting for the EGR), it would be worth a try. I would be putting it on my red 99 TA (LS1 with stock heads and stock cam, NA) along with an SLP lid, SLP MAF, smooth bellows, Kooks LT headers, catless Y pipe, and Flowmaster exhaust. Thank you in advance for your input.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

30041 http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...products_id=46
Old 03-19-2011, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! Does anyone have experience with this SLP version of the LS6 intake? I assume the only advantage to SLP version is the EGR provision (if some wanted to be emissions compliant). I would probably delete the EGR and cap off the brass fitting. I would think after the EGR is blocked, the SLP version and GM versions would flow in a similar fashion. Any input on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Only thing is for Cali people like myself it would be awesome to have this

Quick Reply: SLP LS6 intake part number