Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valley cover bolts

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valley cover bolts

So i went to put the valley cover back on today and after digging through the box of bolts the shop gave back to me i finally found all 10. Question i have is that 1 of them had a washer on it and the other 9 didnt. Are they all supposed to have a washer on them for installation or did that one just happen to end up with a washer on it in the box. Hate to tighten it down without washers and find out it needed them.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:22 PM
Teching In

All of mine had a washer on them. I am not at the house to check but pretty sure they do.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Well that sucks since i can only find 1 washer. Not sure what they did with other 9. Anyone know for sure?
Old 08-07-2013, 03:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Quick question, is allen flat head bolt necessary on LS1 valley cover with LS6 intake?
My cover somewhy has 9 "usual" bolts and one rearmost (passenger) is flat head, is there a reason for that?
Can I install usual bolt from hardware store?
Found this pic, 9 of mine bolts are like these:
Old 08-07-2013, 06:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by meydron
So i went to put the valley cover back on today and after digging through the box of bolts the shop gave back to me i finally found all 10. Question i have is that 1 of them had a washer on it and the other 9 didnt. Are they all supposed to have a washer on them for installation or did that one just happen to end up with a washer on it in the box. Hate to tighten it down without washers and find out it needed them.
None of the bolts have washers... All 10 look like the bolts in Vetal's pic below.

Originally Posted by Vetal
Quick question, is allen flat head bolt necessary on LS1 valley cover with LS6 intake?
My cover somewhy has 9 "usual" bolts and one rearmost (passenger) is flat head, is there a reason for that?
Can I install usual bolt from hardware store?
Found this pic, 9 of mine bolts are like these:
No, the bolts you have in the pic will work with the ls6 intake manifold. The bigger FAST intakes use a counter sink style bolt.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by conan
No, the bolts you have in the pic will work with the ls6 intake manifold. The bigger FAST intakes use a counter sink style bolt.
I have only 9 of these bolts with small heads, so have to put 10th with usual large (but not tall) head, hope it will be fine

Quick Reply: Valley cover bolts