New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most common place is after the Y merge, basically right under the passanger rear seat in the I pipe. You can see the pic in post #24 on page 2 of where most ppl put it. There is an indent under there that allows the cutout to fit nicely.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Only catbacks i would purchase is hooker catback, GMMG or TSP Duals. I ran LM1 and loved how loud it was. It is louder than my Duals with bullets dumped.

I just got rid of magnaflow and wasnt really impressed. It sounded okay. Its only popular because its a stainless steel system for a good price. But the truth is that its quiet as ****. Even with longtubes, ory, and a 230 cam my car was too quiet. TSP duals is the ticket tho! It sounds so mean, and it puts a smile on my face everytime. Very mean, and intimidating sound.

I would take hooker catback over magnaflow as its priced better, and sounds more muscle than magnaflow. Its got a real deep rumble, muscle sound. Like i said, i wasnt really impressed with magnaflow.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm staying with my oem SLP DD catback and eventually getting LTs with catted y in the future. I'm researching these 3" cutouts, seem pretty interesting. Can I put these with stock manifolds or do u recommend I do a cutout once I get headers? Not saying Im getting a cutout, just trying to find out whats the deal with them.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks undienow... Now my question is because the cutout would be after the y it kinda defeats the purpose if you were to have a catted y right?
Old 04-13-2011, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bones_c
Thanks undienow... Now my question is because the cutout would be after the y it kinda defeats the purpose if you were to have a catted y right?
not nec. You still bypass the muffler which some systems like magnaflow can be really quiet even with headers.