Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple of questions regarding SS~~99 and 02

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Couple of questions regarding SS~~99 and 02

Did the 99 have steering wheel controls? I did NOT search this as it just popped in my head and I know someone will have the info stored in their brain!

Did the SS ever come with cloth? I tried searching this and after two searches and too many threads I gave up. Just easier to ask.

Reason why I ask because I am looking at a few cars. The 99 has terrible pics and I could not see the steering wheel too well. I am pretty positive they did, and it was NOT an option to get them without unless it was a stripped model.

The 02 I am looking at is suppose to be a true SS (have not went and verified yet, he is an hour away) but has cloth. Said he waited to find a car with cloth...

Lastly, what would you pay for a 99 SS with SLP CME hardtop, 76k miles and pretty much stock/mint. Been asking all around as I am looking to get back into an F-body. Guy is asking about $1000 more than I want to pay. No paint or body issues, no rips or tears...pretty much MINT. But at the end of the day it is still '99.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:43 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,688 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Originally Posted by texasglock23
Did the 99 have steering wheel controls?
No. No Camaro had steering wheel controls until 2000.

Did the SS ever come with cloth?
Yes. Leather was never standard on the SS, so cloth can be found in every year.

Reason why I ask because I am looking at a few cars. The 99 has terrible pics and I could not see the steering wheel too well. I am pretty positive they did, and it was NOT an option to get them without unless it was a stripped model.
Nope. If it's a '99 Camaro, it did not come stock with steering wheel controls no matter what trim level (none of them did).

The 02 I am looking at is suppose to be a true SS (have not went and verified yet, he is an hour away) but has cloth. Said he waited to find a car with cloth...
Yep. Cloth would have been the standard/base interior fabric option, even for an SS. Leather was extra cost. IMO, I prefer the cloth, but it's hard to find SS models without leather.

Lastly, what would you pay for a 99 SS with SLP CME hardtop, 76k miles and pretty much stock/mint. Been asking all around as I am looking to get back into an F-body. Guy is asking about $1000 more than I want to pay. No paint or body issues, no rips or tears...pretty much MINT. But at the end of the day it is still '99.
It's worth whatever you are willing to pay. Don't spend more than you feel it's worth TO YOU, but you also can't expect everyone to give their cars away based on what the "internet" says it's worth. Not everyone is in a rush to sell, and some will just keep the car if they don't get what they want. On the other hand, if his price is higher than anyone is willing to pay, and he actually wants to sell the car, then eventually the price will come down.

If you are picky about such things as options/miles/condition/etc., then you may be looking for a very long time if you're not willing to budge from a certain price point. It never hurts to make an offer, worst that will happen is the owner will say no. Then you can wait it out, look at other cars and see if he changes his mind. Or you can offer more. The choice is yours.

Good luck.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

CME was only an 2002 option.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for clearing that up, I couldn't tell from the pics if the controls were there. They weren't...

As for the cme I thought it came out in 2000 for some reason.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

RPM and Passout were right on target. I will tell you that you can add steering wheel controls, I did in my 99. Took me a couple hours and it was really easy.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Is this car silver and in Dallas. I think I've test driven and researched it. Does it have a after market head unit and a sub? CME was told to be a "dealer" option? A4