Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Special thanks to all you guys!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 11:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
Haha.. You have just got started. Wait until you ponder dropping 1,500$ for 10-12rwhp..... And go through with it.... and be happy with it!!!
It's addictive... But worth it!

If I were you after the converter I would be looking into a nice nitrous setup. Roughly 800$ and you gain 150rwhp and 200+rwtq..... aka your car is making 500+rwhp/550+rwtq!!

I dont think I ever saw you reply.. who is tuning the car after the cam swap?

My Car will be DYNOTUNED by Lethal Performance in San Antonio, Texas. They are doing it for $400.00 Bucks... Not bad right? What Hp do you all guess it would be?

500 HP Can be achieved with the set up i have and spray??? That would be insane!? I dont think i want that much just yet, maybe in a year or so...

Originally Posted by SSCAMARO02LS1
I was reading over many of your posts and questions. You got a lot of good support and advice ( especially from Lemons12. ) Good bunch of guys on here, its damn nice to see that they take time to help rather than let you sink yourself...and your wallet.

Good luck man. No thanks needed here as I didn't do much, but I do appreciate it.

Yeah the advice was awesome! I really would of been disapointed,,,
Old 06-02-2011, 06:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A
My Car will be DYNOTUNED by Lethal Performance in San Antonio, Texas. They are doing it for $400.00 Bucks... Not bad right? What Hp do you all guess it would be?

500 HP Can be achieved with the set up i have and spray??? That would be insane!? I dont think i want that much just yet, maybe in a year or so...
Yes sir they will get you squared away. I'm going to guess 345rwhp... Exhaust is going to choke you a bit. Get longtubes ory pipe and a cutout and the gains will be very impressive.
Although you have a stock converter also so that will help a little. You might squeak in 350rwhp.

You could easily hit 500rw with the setup and a nice safe shot. You will get bored of your cam only power in around 3-5 months! It's addictive!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:10 AM
TECH Addict

The shorties dont really flow much better than the stock manifolds. Long tubes will make a huge difference. Also if you have the 80 series cross flow muffler I would get a cut out to by pass it.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MikeWS6
The shorties dont really flow much better than the stock manifolds. Long tubes will make a huge difference. Also if you have the 80 series cross flow muffler I would get a cut out to by pass it.

I will do the upgrade to Long Tubes and Y pipe, for now shortys with no catz will do. Im sure this upgrade or mod alone will make a difference with the overall performance. Im also Deffntly going for the electronic cut out, to improve flow for when i achieve my goal of crushing the Terminator!!!... Sarah Connor aint got **** on me! lol..
But seriously, thats why im going all out to Have a good Vid for you all and of course, Braggn Rights.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

I will do the upgrade to Long Tubes and Y pipe, for now shortys with no catz will do. Im sure this upgrade or mod alone will make a difference with the overall performance. Im also Deffntly going for the electronic cut out, to improve flow for when i achieve my goal of crushing the Terminator!!!... Sarah Connor aint got **** on me! lol..
But seriously, thats why im going all out to Have a good Vid for you all and of course, Braggn Rights.
Just the pullied/Exhaust Termi's can put down 475. If you run into a Kenne Bell dont even bother
Old 06-03-2011, 05:15 PM
11 Second Club

Just the pullied/Exhaust Termi's can put down 475. If you run into a Kenne Bell dont even bother
Well my goal is to crush my friends 04 svt Cobra, he just got it a few days ago, says it has a few things done to it. I have faith that my Fbody will take him once im done with the build.
And it will be the first vid i post for all to see... Dont consider it a long shot, but a challenge indeed.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

Well my goal is to crush my friends 04 svt Cobra, he just got it a few days ago, says it has a few things done to it. I have faith that my Fbody will take him once im done with the build.
And it will be the first vid i post for all to see... Dont consider it a long shot, but a challenge indeed.
Well it seems around here that a heads/cammed ls1 is about even with a pullied terminator. I saw a race of a 440rwh ls1 vs a 460rwh Termi and the ls1 won by a bumper.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:44 AM
11 Second Club

Well it seems around here that a heads/cammed ls1 is about even with a pullied terminator. I saw a race of a 440rwh ls1 vs a 460rwh Termi and the ls1 won by a bumper.

Think im goin to go with Lemons12 recommendation... Gona look into a nitrous kit, he said 800bucks or so for a good set up. Better buy everything now that i can sum what afford it. I just have to beat his dam cobra and be sure of it.

Last edited by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A; 06-04-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Think im goin to go with Lemons12 recommendation... Gona look into a nitrous kit, he said 800 or so. Better buy everything now that i can sum what afford it. I just have to beat his dam cobra and be sure of it.
I knew I liked you!

Pm me if you need some links/info for buying a kit.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

You spray him with a 100 shot I doubt he will be able to outrun you even with a ported blower. it would take a blower swap to outrun you.. Whipple kenne bell etc..
Old 06-04-2011, 09:59 AM
11 Second Club

I knew I liked you!

Pm me if you need some links/info for buying a kit.
Yeah man! Its just a need for speed... I Got my 224r Cam With springs rods, oil pum and timmng chain yesterday!!! Now to rush it all and get it installed. I hope by the end of this month or b4 the 4th of july to have my car back. Im deff gona need nitrous links... Will buy and later have it installed. Need to find someone in my area that has a good rep for that type of install.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Awesome man!!

I'll hit you up when I get to the comp.

Honestly you could do a nitrous install yourself in about 3 hours taking your time making it look good. Level 1-10 on how hard it is with 1 being oil change and 10 being cam swap, it would be a 3.
Basic tools that anyone should have and some patience. Don't pay anyone for that. Anybody that is a sponsor would walk you through it.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

Awesome man!!

I'll hit you up when I get to the comp.

Honestly you could do a nitrous install yourself in about 3 hours taking your time making it look good. Level 1-10 on how hard it is with 1 being oil change and 10 being cam swap, it would be a 3.
Basic tools that anyone should have and some patience. Don't pay anyone for that. Anybody that is a sponsor would walk you through it.

Ok cool, Should i Start a new Thread? Or keep going on this one? I got lots of questions now about the way to go so i dont burn up my engine...
Old 06-04-2011, 10:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Let me shoot you a pm first then any questions you have start a thread.

If you have some questions shoot me a pm and ill get back to you later whenever I send you the links and what not.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Also.. if you have questions about nitrous post in the nitrous forum... converters automatic forum.. cam heads headers intake etc either internal or external modifications forum.

You are starting to outgrow the noob section with some of your mods and questions.
This is an awesome forum but the more advanced members with each mod you have questions about mostly stay in the forum of choice. You will get more detailed and correct answers in the forums specifically for you question from people who have first hand experience. Myself, I get around! Haha
Old 06-04-2011, 11:15 AM
11 Second Club

Also.. if you have questions about nitrous post in the nitrous forum... converters automatic forum.. cam heads headers intake etc either internal or external modifications forum.

You are starting to outgrow the noob section with some of your mods and questions.
This is an awesome forum but the more advanced members with each mod you have questions about mostly stay in the forum of choice. You will get more detailed and correct answers in the forums specifically for you question from people who have first hand experience. Myself, I get around! Haha
NO DOUBT!!!

Will do so...
Old 06-05-2011, 12:35 AM
11 Second Club

My Friend Came by in his Cobra he got a few days ago, and we took it out to the track.
I checked it out, and he has LT's, full exhst, Claims it has bigger injectors, pully swap and Diablo tunner.

Well He did horrible at the track, started with 14.6, 14.1, and finally 13.5, with a 2.5 60ft.
When on the highway, the way you got sucked into the seat was awesome, and could truely tell what kind of power he really had.
What should be the Est HP on his car with those mods?

Anyway, he's the one who i had set my goal to beat at the track, looks like i wont be having that problem, not bcz the car, but from a SH**Ty Driver! he's had a Speed6, cobalt ss and other ricers in the past, but nothing like this. Maybe he needs more practice, Idk... I ran a mid 13 aswell, completely stock but the Flwmstrs Muffler... After my mods, he is going to have a very hard time keeping up. Maybe at a roll.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

It is extremely odd that it has headers, that's usually one of the last mods they do if they even do it. Blower swap usually comes before that.

I would assume it is around 450-470rwhp, don't know for sure without the pulley size. Have a boost gauge? How much is he seeing?
Cobra are extremely hard to drive.. Irs rear end, a **** ton of instant torque, shifter placement all play a roll.
He needs a drag radial at minimum, since its a six speed I suggest a full slick.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:31 AM
11 Second Club

It is extremely odd that it has headers, that's usually one of the last mods they do if they even do it. Blower swap usually comes before that.

I would assume it is around 450-470rwhp, don't know for sure without the pulley size. Have a boost gauge? How much is he seeing?
Cobra are extremely hard to drive.. Irs rear end, a **** ton of instant torque, shifter placement all play a roll.
He needs a drag radial at minimum, since its a six speed I suggest a full slick.
The boost gauge was at 12, when he gave it gas on the highway, Dont get me wrong, I was highly impressed with all the power, but deff needs grip or baby it off the line.
The EXHST and LT's was so well done, It looks perfect! The previous owner was an older gentlemen that trade it in for a gt500 convertible. and look like they took pride in the car.
I was xpecting mid 12's at a minimum... Also, he was having trouble shifting at first, who know what kind of clutch he has,but the shifter looks after market.

I may have the same problem getting off the line, so its best not to speak to loud about it...
Old 06-05-2011, 10:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

The boost gauge was at 12, when he gave it gas on the highway, Dont get me wrong, I was highly impressed with all the power, but deff needs grip or baby it off the line.
The EXHST and LT's was so well done, It looks perfect! The previous owner was an older gentlemen that trade it in for a gt500 convertible. and look like they took pride in the car.
I was xpecting mid 12's at a minimum... Also, he was having trouble shifting at first, who know what kind of clutch he has,but the shifter looks after market.

I may have the same problem getting off the line, so its best not to speak to loud about it...
With a converter if you want to even see what half your setup has you need drag radials. I suggest buying 2 cheap extra stock rims and putting Mickey Thompson radials on them for when you go to the track.

He still has a little left with the stock blower if he is seeing 12#s, unported flowers with the right pulley setup can see 14 or so and ported can see about 16. Although he might already have a small pulley buy not seeing all the boost most see because of the headers.
He should be at about the 460 mark, that should be pretty close.
From a 40 roll you have your work cut out for you.