New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To all of you with autos and a cam

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man, wow they are not all that expensive. If something this cheap will help my tranny last longer then its def. worth it. Last question though, but what in the world is the difference in 19,000 GVW and 24,000 GVW? Its only a twelve buck difference so if the 24k is better I will get that one.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LS1Tech 10 Year

The 24,000 GVW is basically a bigger cooler made to handle more heat. That is the one I went with It is very easy to install a trans cooler and can be done neatly in a couple hours
Old 06-09-2011, 01:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ryle, where did you install you cooler? picture possibly?
Old 06-14-2011, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by pheer
ryle, where did you install you cooler? picture possibly?
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, today was the first time I saw you posted up for a pic. I mounted the trans cooler in front of my radiator on the passenger side. This made the most sense as the trans cooler lines come forward on the passenger side and made it easy to tie into. I took the bracket on the cooler and bent is at about a 45* angle to make it fit better against the radiator support. I then just used two of the existing bolts for the lower plastic and used them to mount the cooler. Once mounted I drilled two holes in the plastic to poke the hoses through. It made for a very neat installation. I went out to my car to take some pics for you, sorry they are not the greatest but it's the best I could do at work. Also, please excuse the bugs, just got back from a road trip