New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im in an argument, need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004 | 07:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by CRAGER
I've never seen or heard of an LS1 dyno 260rwhp, dog or not. If you see that kind of a dyno number its because that it was on a Mustang dyno.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 02-29-2004 | 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I did say dyno differences aside right.
Honestly there is no absolute truth in the
number you get so you just have to go with it.

Believe it or not some people have dynos that
low. Know why you haven't seen them, cause
you aren't going to put 268rwhp in your sig.

Do a search for low dyno #'s you should find something.
I'm not saying its common just that is has occured.
Old 02-29-2004 | 08:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Well I can't speak for other people but if I dyno at 268 rwhp I would post it up to try and find out what the hell is wrong with my LS1
Old 02-29-2004 | 08:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know a guy who traded in after
a dyno in the 270's.
Old 02-29-2004 | 08:33 PM
((((((Administrator))))))
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by locosteelersfan
Well I did say dyno differences aside right.
Honestly there is no absolute truth in the
number you get so you just have to go with it.

Believe it or not some people have dynos that
low. Know why you haven't seen them, cause
you aren't going to put 268rwhp in your sig.

Do a search for low dyno #'s you should find something.
I'm not saying its common just that is has occured.
I was not speaking from what I've seen in people's sig's. I was speaking from the hundreds of dyno's that I have seen in person. It's called dyno days, well and being around MTI alot and watching people bring in cars left and right to get dyno'ed.
But yes, I would not put that low of a number in my sig, but then again like I said I have never seen one that low, ever.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 02-29-2004 | 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

The whole point was that there is a bigger than
5-10 gap as suggested.
Old 02-29-2004 | 09:45 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

The whole point was that there is a bigger than
5-10 gap as suggested.
the typical range is 290-315 depeding on year and tranny. you cant compare are dyno of a stock 98 a4 that has 80k miles on it to a 02 m6 with 15k on it since of course the 02 is going to dyno higher. if you take the cars year by year and tranny by tranny then they'll dyno within 5-15hp of each other.
Old 02-29-2004 | 10:19 PM
11 Second Club

My ls1 dynod 308rwhp bonestock.

Peace,
Josh
Old 03-01-2004 | 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

303 rwhp stock here 98z ~35k miles. Smokin...dude, I used to own a gt stang. first thing i figured out when i traded it in for the camaro...mustang gt owners are in a permanent "i shoulda got a cobra" phase. do you all wanna talk about dogs...test drive a mach 1, what a over rated heap of ****! I get this all the time, guys pull up to a light, "ehh whatchu got in durr foo" and i politely say in my sophisticated white man voice "a Ls1, lid and a catback", and they will rev cause evidently Mustang owners can't differentiate between a lt1 and a ls1. usually i just step on the gas, and let them kiss my brown hole good bye. and there you have it, they learned somethign knew that day. Ls1's are quick *** motors. i mean ****, a ls1 motor should be listed as a mod itself, these things are sick.

locosteelersfan, im handing you the brand new ls1tech.com thread peace pipe, take a breath, then inhale as deep and as slowly as possible. now exhale. there you go, now listen to me...if you get so rowled up over simple **** your head is going to explode off your neck and shoulders. Calm down buddy and when you feel that anxiety coming back, just remember...breath deep, inhale from the ls1tech.com official thread peace pipe, and exhale gently. very good, now go enjoy your ls1 and burn up some stangs while you are at it.

Unit213...no disrespect to you of course man! the 03 cobra is a sign that maybe Ford MIGHT go in the right direction eventually.
Old 03-01-2004 | 07:43 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

I hate the internal feud.
Just ask DMNSPD.
ha... that was a while ago...
Old 03-01-2004 | 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Please note that I said 5-10rwhp for any given year... 1998s comapred to 1998s, 2001s compared to 2001s, etc. If you compare a 2002 to a 1998, you could very well get a 30+rwhp difference. My point is that make and model mean nothing when comparing LS1 F-body HP.
Old 03-01-2004 | 04:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Benjamin Russick
Please note that I said 5-10rwhp for [I]. My point is that make and model mean nothing when comparing LS1 F-body HP.
No one ever disagreed with that.
Jrp brings up that M6's dyno higher due
to less parasitic loss but that wasn't
one of the parameters of the original
debate. Yes that is a very could reason.
But the bottomline is 2 99's aren't gaurenteed
to dyno in a 5-10 window, if that were the
case why get a baseline since there is the "law"
of where your stock (insert year) LS1 is putting
out. I say any average car could expect double that
and like I said before the gap could even get higher
when talking the FEW RARE ends of the spectrum.
What percentage of cars ever get dyno'd in the first
place. So who's to know. That's like thinking every
LS1 owner is one these boards all day talking about them.

Secondly, It might sould like I'm more pissed than
I was. I think at times certain people are to quick
to be smartasses and think they are funny. I respect
people and expect the same. I guess that's a lot
to ask on the internet though.
Old 03-02-2004 | 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slik98z
303 rwhp stock here 98z ~35k miles. Smokin...dude, I used to own a gt stang. first thing i figured out when i traded it in for the camaro...mustang gt owners are in a permanent "i shoulda got a cobra" phase. do you all wanna talk about dogs...test drive a mach 1, what a over rated heap of ****! I get this all the time, guys pull up to a light, "ehh whatchu got in durr foo" and i politely say in my sophisticated white man voice "a Ls1, lid and a catback", (<----Now that is freakin funny) and they will rev cause evidently Mustang owners can't differentiate between a lt1 and a ls1. usually i just step on the gas, and let them kiss my brown hole good bye. and there you have it, they learned somethign knew that day. Ls1's are quick *** motors. i mean ****, a ls1 motor should be listed as a mod itself, these things are sick.

locosteelersfan, im handing you the brand new ls1tech.com thread peace pipe, take a breath, then inhale as deep and as slowly as possible. now exhale. there you go, now listen to me...if you get so rowled up over simple **** your head is going to explode off your neck and shoulders. Calm down buddy and when you feel that anxiety coming back, just remember...breath deep, inhale from the ls1tech.com official thread peace pipe, and exhale gently. very good, now go enjoy your ls1 and burn up some stangs while you are at it.

Unit213...no disrespect to you of course man! the 03 cobra is a sign that maybe Ford MIGHT go in the right direction eventually.
Hey thanks for all the input. Ya my computer broke down so I havent been online since the day I posted this, you would think that FORD makes computers too, always breaking and shutting down, piece of ****. Ya the guy I got in a fight with is a huge "FORD" man. He was trying to tell me(an F-body enthusiest) that in the Z28's they had the LT1. What a dumbass, he just doesnt believe me or anyone about chevy LS1 engines. So I had to prove him wrong so of course I came here and started this thread. He still thinks that my WS6's LS1 is a waste. He is just jealous that he is stuck with a Ford. He has a 96 T-Bird and is putting in a 351 carb engine. Looks like a project in a half. But like I said, you cant tell a Ford driver ****. Thanks and have a great day!!!
Old 03-02-2004 | 06:00 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by Smokin02WS6
He has a 96 T-Bird and is putting in a 351 carb engine. Looks like a project in a half.
Ha... that should run realllll good
Old 03-02-2004 | 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DMNSPD
Ha... that should run realllll good
I definately dont know what to expect out of it. It might run great, but it might not. It will be damn interesting to see how it turns out.