New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H/C car not performing at all! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 10:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I knew the cobra would be the first one to come up and I almost touched on it just because of that reason.

Even the cobra with its forged internal has its problems with the motor that need to be fixed before they are reliabpe enough to race.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:28 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Yea, I hear you. Sometimes we find gems out there because the Factory "over engineered or over built" a car which is always a nice find.

As for the OP, I am glad you found the issue. The fuddle at this point should be fine as long as you stay at that power level. Was your other converter too contaminated to be salvaged?

Also, get to a Dyno ASAP!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No my edge converter was fine, I could have put it back in but I'm saving it for possible future nitrous. And I wanted more converter personally, and the cam seams to have liked it

o2's turned off and he played with the WOT fueling have been adjusted accordingly...tomorrow will tell at the track!

UPDATE!
60' is now 2.2
mph is now 90
et is now 8.4

a buddy took a video of the launch i tried it from idol, from 2k, and from 3800 rpm's and it spun the crappy nittos **** off for almost 100'

Sooo im guessing its time from some mickeys!

7.74's tonight with 1.74 60' at 89mph

Converter is flashing 5200 and is sloppy, probably on getting 80% of what I should to the ground.

Quick Reply: H/C car not performing at all! Help!