Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIDEO: Hate my Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepinghawk
Your car sounds good! The popping is found on alot of our cars. Mine when stock it didn't do it. Soon as I put the LM1 it did it alot more than yours. Then I put the ARH with their high flow cats and it's there and I have no problems with it. I thought like you once, about welding the pipes and now I'm glad I didn't. I have the band clamps and they work good. Every year before the start of the summer I just check them all and look for the black exhaust leak and
Agree. Mine did it when I had stock Y-pipe/cats and the TSP Rumbler exhaust. Anytime I revved over about 3000 rpm and let off it would pop, a lot. Makes sense that the cats would be burning off additional unburnt fuel. Now, with headers and ORY, I smell that unburnt fuel exiting the pipes and there is no popping, so I'm not sure why the OP is experiencing it with an ORY. If the muffler is before the axle, maybe it's getting hot enough to burn the fumes off there?
Old 09-07-2011, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll trade you mine that doesn't do it for yours!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not quite the same BUT....

IMO- thats just the common "drag down sound" when you have full exhaust. My 69 chevelle with shorty headers, 2.5" pipes with x-pipe and exhaust exits all the way to the bumper sounded that way/ also like a damn fox body mustang. So when I got home from the exhaust shop I chopped off the tailpipes and added turndowns to the muffler exit and it never sounded better ! my .02

You have a Bad *** sounding car tho !
Old 09-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nic Morales
IMO- thats just the common "drag down sound" when you have full exhaust. My 69 chevelle with shorty headers, 2.5" pipes with x-pipe and exhaust exits all the way to the bumper sounded that way/ also like a damn fox body mustang. So when I got home from the exhaust shop I chopped off the tailpipes and added turndowns to the muffler exit and it never sounded better ! my .02

You have a Bad *** sounding car tho !
Thank you sir.