Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p0410 code and no ses light?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p0410 code and no ses light?

,,, I just tried to get my state inspection( Texas) and have to do emissions testing.. everything passes except for this code.. there is no ses light on... When i did do a search for this topic i found most all of them has ses lights also,,, i havent had this car for to long... Anybody have any ideas why i thru that code and no ses light? any advice would be great,,,thanks
Old 09-16-2011, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

Don't emissions test for PRIOR codes within the last month or something stupid like that?

If not... does your SES light even work? Should come on when you have it in run, but not started... or just pull a smog relay or something stupid to test.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Teching In

well the service vehicle light dose come on in run..
Old 09-16-2011, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

Must be the prior code thing...

Part 4. OBDII "Trouble Code" Test: This OBDII test is not applicable to 1995 and older vehicles. Trouble codes indicate that the OBD II computer has detected a problem within the emissions system. The trouble code will specifically indicate the component and problem which was found. Newer vehicle's have very complex codes in the thousands. Smog check repair centers can retrieve the trouble codes from the OBDII and inspect the component/s which the codes indicate.

OBD-II Trouble Code Lookup - How to extract trouble codes using a trouble code scanner, and what do the codes mean?

What if I Fail the Check Engine Light Test? There are three ways your car may fail the check engine light test. You may fail in one or all three of the categories below.

Failure A. Check engine light, malfunction indicator lamp or service engine soon light illuminated, and smog technician enters this information into the smog machine.

- Repair for Failure A. Using a trouble code scanner, the smog technician must extract the trouble codes causing the check engine light to illuminate, and diagnose the responsible emissions components hands-on. Once problem/s are repaired, the vehicle must be driven to set proper readiness flags, and can then be retested.

Failure B. Smog machine detects an active OBD-II trouble code during the smog test via the OBD-II data link connecter. Check engine light is not currently illuminated, but may have been in the past.

- Repair for Failure B. After the smog test is complete the smog technician will hand over a Vehicle Inspection Report or VIR. The VIR will have printed at the bottom the trouble code/s which were extracted by the smog machine. The smog technician must use these code/s the conduct a hands-on diagnosis of the components in question. Usually a diagnose fee of two labor hours will be required. Average labor rate is $65.00 per hour.

Note: The trouble code/s will only direct the smog technician to the general area of the system failure. It is up to an emissions repair mechanic to inspect the system and emissions components for proper operation, and repair faults as necessary.

Failure C. Smog machine detects certain required "readiness flags" are not set. The reason for the flags not being set depends on the select readiness flag. Two possibilities apply for all readiness flag test failures:

Recent disconnection of battery (12v) system. This is common on vehicles which have recently required removal or disconnections of the vehicle's battery or engine control computer.
Vehicle has an emissions system failure not allowing "readiness flag" self tests to run.

- Repair for Failure C. If readiness flags are not set because your car's battery was recently disconnected, and your car's malfunction indicator lamp, check engine light, or service engine soon light is not illuminated, the repair might be simple. Drive your vehicle for one week under normal driving conditions. During this period the emissions computer will run the proper readiness self tests to set the required "readiness flags". Your vehicle should not pass the smog check.

If this does not resolve the issue, or if the check engine light is illuminated, a more severe emissions failure may exist, requiring hands-on diagnosis by a smog check certified smog repair center.
http://www.smogtips.com/functional_inspection.cfm
Old 09-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Teching In

thanks im see if autozone can clear the code and ill try again in a few days and see if it passes... I have 15 days to get it fixed or ill have to pay for another inspection..
Old 09-16-2011, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Its just smog crap anyway, go get it tuned out and rip all those hoses out of your engine bay and be done with it.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Teching In

I am planing on tuming it out,, but wanted to wait till i got my long tubes and ory installed.. before i did a tune,,, as it is my speedo is off from my gear swap... lol app on my phone tells me how fast im going now...lol

Quick Reply: p0410 code and no ses light?