Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Camaro vs LS1 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by projectX
A C5 corvette cost more than an F-Body always - unless you are selling a modded F-body - I am talking stock to stock they are not the same price.
Very true, but most of the "cheap" stock Fbodys out there have high miles and have been abused by a teenager.

Vettes are more likely to have spent its life as a garage queen, prime for some abuse and new mods.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

put it this way, if you want more comfort get a vette. if you want to feel a bit wilder get the camaro.

the camaro can also carry two more people/groceries, tvs and etc
Old 10-22-2011, 05:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironembraced
Very true, but most of the "cheap" stock Fbodys out there have high miles and have been abused by a teenager.

Vettes are more likely to have spent its life as a garage queen, prime for some abuse and new mods.

I agree
Old 10-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Banned

I like the Camaro/Trans Am due to the extra room. I use my backseat a lot, have lugged some friends around in it too, but mostly I put my stuff back there when going to work, traveling, shopping, whatever. The Corvette will get more looks I think, but nothing looks more muscular and aggressive than a Trans Am WS6 IMO.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:31 AM

All of these are good thoughts, and I appreciate the input guys!
Old 10-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Traded my 6 speed Formula for a low mileage C5. The vette handles better and I get lots of compliments on it. It only had 15000 miles on it and was garage kept. But now that I want to mod I wish I had the Formula the stuff is a lot less money. The driving experience on the open road with the vette is real nice. The thing glides along at extreme speeds I call it my silver bullet. If u get the vette find a good Corvette shop STAY AWAY from the dealer !!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I owned many f bodies and a c6 now, i am building another f body, kind of comparing two different things, you will get a lot of haters though driving a vette and stupid comments from people
Old 10-30-2011, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

Well i can honestly say that the corvette is an overall better car. I have a 98 formula and my dad has a 04 corvette. My car has a Cat-back, intake, free mods, and a basic tune from a hand held. My dads corvette is completely stock with 8k miles on it. When we go cruising the vette can out corner me no matter what. It has to do with the trans being in the back and the 2 section gas tank and the leaf spring in the back. The vette has awesome weight distribution. Now when we "race" he gets me in the top end because hes lighter. Both cars are A4s as well. I drove both and i got to say you get what you pay for in a vette.

Quick Reply: LS1 Camaro vs LS1 Corvette