Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True duals

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default True duals

Ive had my 02 z28 for about a year now and im getting bored of the exhaust and i want to make my own... it has a full exhaust from headers to catback but just not the right sound ... The main thing im looking to find out is should i make a true dual with an x pipe or just 2 individual pipes ...

Im mainly looking to see which one is going to sound better ... Im going to be using SLP LM2 mufflers one it just to quite it alittle

Any help would be appreciated !!!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going with a true duals will only be louder.. I switched from a catback to a duals setup and have loved every minute of it.

Just get the kit from TSP.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like said above it would probable be easier to get a pre fabbed kit like the TSP kit. Although most systems like the TSP kit are dumped at the axle, you could always extend the pipes over the axle and out the back. Regardless I would definitely do either a X or H pipe. It will even out the banks and create a more efficient system.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah i have the tsp duals and they are great. You will get alot of drone but the sound is badass. I have great clearance with mine and went on with out any issues.