New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks Pontiac for the bird bath option that i never ordered :mad:

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004 | 02:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Horist has got it right for the most part but I have honed this art of decimating pigeons (had a problem with them nesting in the air conditioners and the feathers and crap getting down in the house, so i had to). Dont use flat tips, they wont penatrate, trust me, it will not kill the bird unless you have a 1000 fps rifle (very unlikely in a recreational rifle) it will only hit them hard, scatter feathers big time and possibly deflect into your paint. Use sharp tip pellets with a ~700 fps velocity rifle. The bird will die
-JOSH
Old 03-12-2004 | 03:14 AM
TECH Addict

Im dealng with this pesky cats right now.Im using the benjamin pellet air pistol .177 cal. this cats are pissing me off.they sleep on top of the car.when I check in the morning footprints all over the roof and cats hairs.might have to pump this thing 5times to tech em a good lesson.
Old 03-12-2004 | 04:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

All three of the 4th gen Firebirds I've owned have this same "bird bath" spoiler and the worst part is when it is filled with water but then freezes overnight and that thing flies off on the highway on you! I try to break it off before I leave the house, but sometimes it's frozen on there solid.
Old 03-12-2004 | 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02BlackZZZ
I have everyone beat!! One neighbor has 50+ cats<She produces more cats then I can shoot.LOL and my other neighbor has 3 dogs 4 cats a parrot and a rabbit>>> The cats love climbing on my nice cleaned black Z...I HATE them!!
When my Aunt moved from her old house to her new one we rounded up some 60 odd cats and threw them in a 55 gallon drum. My cousin took a pistol and unloaded about 4 magazines into the barrel then set it on fire. I know it was inhumane but I have a lot of backwoods family members and drinking well water their whole life has made them crazy.
Old 03-12-2004 | 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey my 92 camaro had the perfect spot on a black car for a cat to sleep in and sharpen his claws. And on my 2001 camaro the cat sat on the t-top and marked up the glass bad.
I put up with it for 1-2 years then Bang 22 rifle right to the head had to wash the blood off but that was ok. And the year before that I ran after the cat that was on the black camaro and pulled my hand gun out as i ran around the house. When it looked at me I stoped and shot 20feet 40cal, the bullet killed the cat and hit my house. Damnit
Old 03-12-2004 | 01:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Geez, I can't believe how inhumane some of you guys are... if you have a problem with the wildlife getting on your ride, it's time that you stop spending the money on mods and save up for a house with a garage and park it in there all the time... which is what I do. Problem solved, and then you don't have to go around shooting animals just because you can't stand them getting on your car... like they know the car is something they're not supposed to sit/stand on.

Of course, any crazy old lady with 50 cats needs to have the humane society called out to her place... there's no way someone can take care of that many animals without a proper facility for it.
Old 03-12-2004 | 02:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

well the 60 cats set on fire in the 50 gallon drum is kind of disturbing....but still, they are just animals.....farmers kill varmits all the time for destroying their property/crops....here we are just killing varmits for hurting our cars, especially the cats scratching the paint. i personally wouldn't want to kill a cat, but i would shoot it with my BB gun that wouldn't kill it. it's actually fun to shoot an animal....people just want to protect the cute animals....while the ugly ones gets bred, slaughtered, processed and eaten up w/o a second thought.

and how many years does a kid with a Z/28 need to endure bird **** on his car before he saved up enough money to buy a house with a garage (while going to school and working at a nonprofessional job)???
Old 03-12-2004 | 03:19 PM
12 Second Club

I know that the Alza Seltzer works. I have done it to seagulls. You just have to put the whole thing in a peice of bread. They don't explode though. Just swell up, fall out of the sky, start having a seizure and foam at the mouth.
It is kind of ironic how far some poeple will go to protect thier cars. I think that if you had some "normal" poeple read this thread they would turn white and run away screaming knowing what kind of people there are in this world.

Especially about that cat and barrel thing. I would not have shot them before I burned it though.
Old 03-12-2004 | 04:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

check out how the Mustangers deal with their cars getting dinged in the parking lot...LMAO....great reading

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthr...hreadid=461409
Old 03-12-2004 | 04:55 PM
'Bird Director

From: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant

I would like to crap on a bird to see how they would like it!
Wouldn't that be a sight for sore eyes? If you ever get the chance to do that, please have someone ready to take a picture of the act.

That's the first I've heard of the Alka Seltzer trick. I'll have to keep that in mind
Old 03-13-2004 | 03:13 PM
TECH Regular

inhumane? lol I think you guys are being too nice. 12 ga. shotgun. Consider it a "multifire" pellet gun./
Ed
Old 03-13-2004 | 04:49 PM
TECH Regular

I keep my baby in a garage thankfully! BUT, I have had my share of run-ins with birds while driving - I have hit 3 with my car at this point! Maybe they are attracted to the flock of 'Blue Birds' (3) on the front of the car?!

Last edited by 1999Daytona500PaceCar; 03-13-2004 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-13-2004 | 05:35 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by horist
sorry :p had to hehe

http://www.snopes.com/weddings/horrors/birdrice.htm

Also shows the alka seltzer thing is wrong too...

best bet is a good aim, well calibrated pellet gun... flat top pellets ... should stay inside the bird (you just better be a steady aim and the gun dialed in.. )
I thought the alka seltzer thing was true??
I heard of the rice, but never knew for sure. Oh well! Target practice time!
Old 03-13-2004 | 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

My black camaro was back when I was 17yr. and is in the garage now. I tryed to talk to the owner of the cat he said "f**k your pice of **** car I hope my cat realy f**ks it up good kid" then He slamed the door in my face. And the police said there isn't much they can do! When his cat was missing for 4-5 days he called the police and they came over but said "the cat was running free and there is no dead cat here so have a nice day".

Oh and my parents won't let my park in the garage! now both camaros ar in the garages!

And when my SS got broken into and 12k worth on stuff was stolen I solved that about the same way but pistol wiped the kid and he went to jail. LOL

It all felt great would do it agian if it was my car!!
Old 03-23-2004 | 12:32 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by skunk50
check out how the Mustangers deal with their cars getting dinged in the parking lot...LMAO....great reading

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthr...hreadid=461409
those ford guys have some major issues they need to deal with
Old 03-23-2004 | 12:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by pewter01SS
those ford guys have some major issues they need to deal with

Old 03-23-2004 | 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn ford drivers
Old 03-23-2004 | 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good thing I park down hill. That really sucks
Old 03-24-2004 | 11:09 AM
TECH Regular

I don't know what that guy on the Mustang forum has against the 74 Pontiac. It was nice considering all the other cars made at that time.
Old 03-24-2004 | 05:49 PM
11 Second Club

well if the alkiseztrer or rice dont work...

put on some gloves.. get a loaf of wonder bread and a cheap($1) toilet cleaner called "the works" you will find it at any dollar store...
pour cleaner on bread and feed the birds.....

no more birds...

the cleaner has hydrocloric acid in it and smells sweet.... works on all sorts of things...

also if you get a coke bottle (plastic) and fill the bottom (2inches) with "the works" then crumple up aluminum foil and drop it in ... twist on cap TIGHT shake it up and leave it near the birds .... in 30 secs or so no more birds...