New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST 92mm throttle body to buy or not?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAST 92mm throttle body to buy or not?

Need some advice. Currently have pacesetter LT headers, texas speed OR x pipe, texas speed true duals all already on. Waiting to be put on i have a weiand alum intake, LS6 heads that I plan to port and have a valve job done on and i plan on getting either the MS3 or 228R cam from texas speed.

Now my question is should i buy a FAST 92mm TB to add to all or could i see just as good of numbers from porting the stock TB and saving some $$$....

Any and all advice is much welcomed.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JRM2001SS
Need some advice. Currently have pacesetter LT headers, texas speed OR x pipe, texas speed true duals all already on. Waiting to be put on i have a weiand alum intake, LS6 heads that I plan to port and have a valve job done on and i plan on getting either the MS3 or 228R cam from texas speed.

Now my question is should i buy a FAST 92mm TB to add to all or could i see just as good of numbers from porting the stock TB and saving some $$$....

Any and all advice is much welcomed.
It won't work unless you get an intake to match. Stock TB is 3 bolt pattern the 92 is 4.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think bbk or holley make a 80 mm TB,summit sells a 85mm TB.you don't need a TB bigger then your intake opening.

Quick Reply: FAST 92mm throttle body to buy or not?