New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Camaro SS *** Must see

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like good news....except for the fact that the Z28 really is gonna be a "lesser" camaro....kinda like people think it already is...
Old 03-19-2004, 01:21 PM
Launching!

I think that GM is taking way to long. While they are twiddling their thumbs they are losing to much ground to Ford in the way of fan base. GM has disappointed so many people because the dollar to value wasn't/isn't there on many of their cars. My dad, who owns a SS396 Chevelle, even went to a Mustang because he didn't like the way the Camaro looked and thought that it was to expensive.

GM needs to come out swinging soon with a fairly priced power house that will knock down Ford a notch or two.

The GTO IMO is nice but still a little pricey considering that much of the technology was already their and they didn't have to do much in the way of development. Drop the price to below 30K and watch them fly out the door.

I would love to see a two Camaros for every one Mustang. But it will only stay a dream if GM doesn't get their act together quickly.
Old 03-19-2004, 01:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jrivera04
I think that GM is taking way to long. While they are twiddling their thumbs they are losing to much ground to Ford in the way of fan base.
They're vastly better off to take their time and get the next generation of these cars done right than rushing them out.

Halo cars like these don't keep the Big Three (or Two really) in the black, it's their mainstream, high volume models that do.

If new cars like the Chevrolet Malibu, and Pontiac G6 don't do well, there may come a day where there won't be a Chevrolet or a Pontiac to build better Camaros and GTOs.
Old 03-19-2004, 01:44 PM
TECH Regular

Default More Pictures

Click on the link below.......

http://files.automotiveforums.com/ga...aroconcept.jpg
Old 03-19-2004, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00 Z-28
That looks a lot like the new eclipse IMO:

Old 03-19-2004, 02:33 PM
Staging Lane

Do they plan on also producing a new firebird/trans am? I think the retro look it okay but those days are gone. We need something new. If we want that look then we can just go back and buy an original 1969 camaro.
Old 03-19-2004, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

i cant wait to see it in person it should be interesting
Old 03-19-2004, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is this confirmed or what?
Old 03-19-2004, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree GM needs to get in the game quickly. The thing that makes me the maddest is they stoped making the F-body and started making the Pontiac Aztec. I sure to hope to see a Camaro in the future. I will buy it if it is retro or not it just has to look good and perform even better.
Old 03-19-2004, 03:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

i don't like the picture most recently posted. it's not terrible, i like the retro rear window like the chevelle, but too futuristic for me. i like the retro(er) designs. make ANOTHER BIGBLOCK!!!!! put the 8.1 in it!!
Old 03-19-2004, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Im not impressed with that at all. The front looks nice but from the door handle back it looks retarded. I personally like Chris Hortons design the best, I dont know why so many people are so anti "retro". History repeats itself baby.
Ya know I get looks when Im in my camaro driving around but when Im in my chevelle I get STARES(people almost causing accidents to get a peep of my 72). People of all ages just look and BIG A$$ smiles come across thier faces which in return forces you to just grin from ear to ear, kids are always just pointing telling their parents to look, wishing they were cruising around in it.
Why cant they produce cars like that anymore .
Shane
Old 03-19-2004, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

whenever anyone says stuff abotu how slow the new GTO is selling i like to point out that every dealership around me has them sold before they even get to teh lot and that they are charging between $5000-7000 over sticker price, which people are happily paying at all 9 of the dealerships i went and talked to while i was lookin at them.
there are also serious delays in the supply chain that are causing sales to be sluggish currently.
i decided to wait a few years til i can get one for sticker or under.

later
tim
Old 03-19-2004, 05:26 PM
10 Second Club

The picture of the orange and red retro camaro was in car craft those aren't GM's concepts.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:35 PM
Launching!

that car looks damn good
Old 03-19-2004, 05:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Thats Been Posted Before Its Not The Concept!!!!! Its Just Some Companys Dream Up Of What It Would Be .... To My Knoledge Gm Has Not Announced Any Plans For A New F-bod... Also Thats Dam Ugly
Old 03-19-2004, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jpr5690
Thats Been Posted Before Its Not The Concept!!!!! Its Just Some Companys Dream Up Of What It Would Be .... To My Knoledge Gm Has Not Announced Any Plans For A New F-bod... Also Thats Dam Ugly
The first 2 that I posted are brand new, they're based on some info that a guy called evok posted at cheerandgears. Sounds like he has credible info on the look of the new chevy "coupe" that is unnamed so far. This is the link: Clicky Kinda interesting.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea baby this car rocks o man i just totally jist my self holy crap god bless all the mighty gm corporation. o god there is a heaven
Old 03-19-2004, 09:39 PM
TECH Junkie

ok but i can remember back a few months a very simlar pic came up on ths forum and after a couple posts they came to the conclusion that it wasnt the work of gm at all but just some magsine doing a what if article and wording it cleverly to make folks think gm has some secreat plan to slam out a new fbod ... but hell what ever floats your bota im noty tring to flame anyone just adding my .02
Old 03-19-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jpr5690
ok but i can remember back a few months a very simlar pic came up on ths forum and after a couple posts they came to the conclusion that it wasnt the work of gm at all but just some magsine doing a what if article and wording it cleverly to make folks think gm has some secreat plan to slam out a new fbod ... but hell what ever floats your bota im noty tring to flame anyone just adding my .02
Dude, the car is already done. Click Me

2 latest revisions I've seen, done by jg95z28:

Old 03-19-2004, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TriShield
Hello, and welcome to last September.

Here's a couple more recent stories that appeared in the Australian automotive press about it. click here

The current GTO (and Monaro) are due to be completely redesigned and all new for 2007, and the new Camaro (speculation true, but it's officially called Chevrolet coupe/convertible right now) will be on the same bones in 2008, which are being engineered now in Australia.

There are no plans for a new Firebird, the GTO and Monaro will continue to be the same car. The new Chevrolet "coupe/convertible" will be the same structurally and powertrainwise, everything else is up in the air.

I like how you spinned your personal dislike of the GTO into your original post too, that's pretty cute.
Thanks GM for sending all the jobs overseas so you can pad your pocket books and take away our jobs. Greed is what killed the f-body and brought us the Monaro.