New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wienermobile

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004 | 08:15 PM
'Bird Director

From: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant

As we digress in to racial arguements.....

I think it's cool that they used existing parts to fabricate that version of the Wienermobile. They were smart enough to pick the T/A taillights!
Old 03-24-2004 | 11:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
in all my travels...

15 countries
this is the only one that thinks one language is stone and if you dont speak it you dont belong....
thats us....

oh well there was **** germany back in the day but they have loosened up a bit....

for f's sake guys...
there is NO SUCH THING AS A LANGUAGE CALLED AMERICAN!!!!!!
most of you speak ENGLISH...
2 guesses where that came from....
america is not the answer....(incase you thought it was )
it is a borrowed lauguage
just like most everything in this great land it is a blend of things brought here....
if the natives had thought like you guys they would have slaughtered the pilgrims back then and america would still be native american land....

and ANYONE who would insult someone just cause he didn't know YOUR language...
you are a sad person ... no better then most the french that do that to us there...

my first language was spanish...
but like most i learned english...
i spent 5years in the Marines , defending this land i love.... to keep it free .. for everyone.... even ppl that dont speak great britains language....

please... think b4 you **** all over the graves of my fallen brothers....
who died for the very same reason...

have a nice day
i apologize if i came off as a ****.
let me try to sort out my words better-
we do speak american english
which is a different dialect than european english.
just because it is called "english" doesnt make it the same as what they speak in england. i forget what my point was with that..
regardless,
i do think it would be better if i were to learn spanish rather than if they were to speak english. it would be nice to know more than one language.
but i just dont like how i am treated not-as-well as other people (esp in mexican restruants) just because i dont "know the language"
thats all i was intending to say at first but i guess i got carried away again.
sorry for taking the thread off track again!
Old 03-24-2004 | 11:29 PM
NKAWTG...N

hmm this is about that time i want the good old HIJACKED smiley face
Old 03-25-2004 | 12:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stoleit
hmm this is about that time i want the good old HIJACKED smiley face

well, stoleit and southfl.... i applaud the effort to return to topic . No matter....

jaberwaki, try not to think of it as people pissing on the graves! I have nothing but respect for the men who have served and are serving.... At the same time, I think there is a neccessary middle ground within these freedoms.... Without some sort of unspoken agreement to meet half way all this freedom would fall apart. Thats why the government exists after all. Pure freedom would be anarchy and a complete regression into chaos.

Good debate.... just in the wrong venue. Things got off to a bit of a rough start though, with the personal attacks and all... Anyway, all I'd like to see is an effort. When I'm in Germany or Switzerland (fav parts of europe), I make an effort to get by speaking German, in which I'm plenty proficient to communicate as a tourist. The other side of the coin is that I'm in college and I have the resources to learn foreign language, without which I'd be hopelessly lost. So while I believe people should make an effort to adapt to the culture they join I realize that most people immigrating into the U.S. scarcely have the neccessary forums for learning english if they don't already know it.

Now back to topic.... Yeah, it is sweet that its a parts bin car.... (especially primarly, if not exclusively, gm parts ) It makes sense though because it is such a low production.... Similar to the way GM is making the solstice cheap.... having never thought about it though i was shocked to see pre 97 f-body tails on it.