Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

novice needing suspension advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default novice needing suspension advice

Getting ready to put in an order for suspension upgrades. (taxes coming in)
I've been trying do do alot of research to get what i need and avoid things i don't. My goal is to build strength for next years engine build. H/C,headers, timing chain, pully and cutouts.. Next years taxes. But for now i have come up with watts link,control arms, torque arms and sfc's. My car is a week end warrior and only race time it sees is on the highways with aggressive driving. Any and all help is greatly appretiated. I'm not a millionare and would like to save money but not waste it on crappy brands. My car will probably never see the track and only get launched at the turn of the green when it's called for. Mainly only launched from a roll. Thank you all.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Teching In

14 views but no advice. either i sound like an idiot or 'm on the right track.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SFC's are nice but not necessary until you make MUCH more power. Sounds likes you are drag oriented so the watts link is unnecessary too. Koni shocks and a strano setup (like I have) or coilovers will really benefit a watts link but unless handling is your goal your money can be better spent...
Old 03-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Teching In

finally a response!!! thank you. I WILL be making much more hp. hopefully about 450rwhp or more. I just want to make sure my suspension can handle it. I am not building a drag car. Thats why i need some advice. I don't want to spend unecessary money. I want good cornering and strength. I want to get my power to the ground. My car is lowered to about 3-4 inches off the ground,with 20 inch TIS wheels and low profile nitto s/s tires that makes a stiff ride.(DOES NOT LOOK GHETTO) Every crack feels like a huge pothole. I get i vibration at about 70 mph. Not in the steering wheel, in the car itself. If i am acceleraring the vibration mostly goes away. I love down shifting to 3rd or 4th to prevent the walmart racing team from passing me. My cars are my hobby. I don't by playstations or big screen tv's, or wear a million dollar wardrobe. I like to spend a little hear and there into my cars. I am looking at about $1000 - $1500 on building my suspsion right now. By the way. LOVE the profile pic.