Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Multiple codes coming up

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple codes coming up

Alright, so I just bought my 99 ta m6 about 3 weeks ago but haven't had much time to do much with it with work. Anyways, last owner didn't take care of it as he should have and didn't tell me a lot of issues it was having. I have other issues but I primarily want to get this one worked out first - Electrical.
Codes:
p0113 - IAT circuit
p0500 - VSS circuit
p0122 - TPS circuit
and like an idiot, I didn't write down the ABS/TCS codes.. I do remember one of them being ECM requested TCS to be disabled. I have replaced the tps which helped a littled w/ the idle but now it wants to act like the IAC is going bad nearly killing out at low speeds/stopped. I've worked cars for a living for about 5 years but have been out of that business for the last 3 or so and I no longer have any of my tools/diagnostic equipments nor the time anymore. I can have more info within the next few days but I wanted to see anyone had a similar situation going on that could point me in the right direction so I'm not blowing a few hundred bucks to diagnose and have no clue where to start. I checked the connectors and ran back the wires them as far as I could tell and will double check that the battery has no corrosion built up on it along w/ the cables. I haven't tested the alternator though if it's putting out enough amperage.