Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where do I go from here?

Old 03-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where do I go from here?

I found a block for my 98 z28
408 shortblock. 6.0 block bored out .30 cleaned up all the good stuff.Callies compstar 4340 4.0 stroke crank.dumScat forged I beams 6.125Wiseco 4.030 -3cc dome pistonsdumAcl main bearings etc.Arp rod bolts.dum

I get to pick it up this Friday. Do ya think this is a good project to work with?Now i'm new to the whole building or putting together to get the car running. I would really appreciate the feedback from others to what to get next. I'm going for a good fast track time and a killer on the street. I haven't figured out a max of what I can spend cause I have little bills to pay do have money to go to this project, so if ya could give me some feedback on what parts from intake to cam and heads and pullys to what else i'm going to need to make a complete motor and get My car running thanks guys!
Old 03-22-2012, 03:01 PM
Staging Lane

I have a 402 6.0 lq4 and i love it. My car is carbed tho but they are a blast and have a lot of power. I like my motor because its square meaning a 4 inch bore 4 inch stroke so it can handle anyhting i throw at it and seals up nice. You need to go on craigslist and find ls1 parts you can throw on it thats what i did and saved me some cash. For a cam i would call eps and see what they can do for ya def the best in my opinion. And talk to them about intake manifolds i mean you can never go wrong with a FAST. What are your goals for the car ?
Old 03-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Teching In

I want a fast track time car and a quick s.o.b. On the streetd lol I need Some help on what to get next with it
Old 03-28-2012, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

with that bore you can use LS3 topend so id look for an LS3 intake and some L92 heads. then once you get your heads picked id contact someone like Pat G or Texas Speed and have them spec you a cam for your application

Search this Thread