Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 WS6 ignition issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 WS6 ignition issues

I've been looking through countless threads on here, and many other boards, and still haven't found any solution to what's happening. Bear with me if you've heard this before, and I'd love the help.

2002 WS6, M6, completely stock. Never had any ignition issues at all, nada. Took it out one night, started right up, no hesistation at all. Was probably parked for about 3 hours or so, get in, cranks like all hell, but never catches. Battery is fine as well, so that rules out the battery/starter. Checked fuse box for fuel pump and the likes, never noticed anything out of the ordinary. Like I said, I've never had any problem with this thing starting, ever.

When I turn the key, the security light stays on for a few seconds, then goes right off, so VATS doesnt sound like the problem either...Also, when I turn the key right before I crank it, all I hear is a slight click, which I assume if the starter solenoid. Could the Fuel pump possibly be the problem? After cranking it a good 5-6 times for 10~ seconds or so, I never smelt anything.

This is all I can think of to tell you guys, and would love some assistance on this issue, as my car is stranded at a friends house in the middle of the woods. D:

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds to me like a fuel pump but when mine went out it just went out no real warning signs just kick the bucket.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Teching In

If your car cranks and no start and you can rule out theft system you need to determine if its fuel or spark that is your problem. Checking for spark is simple, disconnect plug wire at one spark plug insert phillips head screw driver into plug wire (don't damage plug wire) lay screw close to header or manifold (ground) and have friend crank your vehicle over. Can you hear or see the spark? If you have spark then you need to check for fuel, if you have fuel pressure gauge you know what to do. If you don't have a fuel pressure gauge, get some brake cleaner and spray it in the throttle body and see if engine will run on brake cleaner. If it does you have a fuel problem, not necessarily a fuel pump but could be. You will have to check fuel pump power and ground.

Good luck, Chris
Old 04-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Launching!

Default Pressure Gauge

Get a Pressure gauge from auto parts store with and adapter that will screw on the end of the shrader valve which is at the end of fuel rail, turn key to on position so that pump primes and look at gauge to see where it is should read about 50 to 55 psi and then have some one crank it and see what the pressure does