New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to delete my f***ing EGR

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012 | 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

Default How to delete my f***ing EGR

so when i bought my 98 camaro z28 the light was on telling me my egr valve was bad, so i replaced it and reset the codes and the ******* light wont go off or it will for about a day and then come back on so i was just going to delete it completely, how would i do this?
Old 04-23-2012 | 11:53 PM
11 Second Club

Get if tuned out
Old 04-24-2012 | 12:04 AM
Teching In

egr block off plate for the intake. If you have headers, put a block off plate on those as well, I don't know how the stock manifolds look but I'm sure u can block off those. Then under the driver side head light, on the bottom of the car is an access panel, pop it off, remove the bolts that hold the bracket that holds the air pump. pull it out along with the rubber hose. Then have your car tuned. Problem will be solved. hope that helps. You can also put an ls6 intake on the car which would not have an egr on it. but the cheapest way is block offs and tune it out. I had a 98 and even when it was tuned out the pump would turn on intermittently. 98 computers are weird sometimes, so removing the pump just assures you wont here that fan whining under the hood n e more.
Old 04-24-2012 | 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

freeze plug for the intake (got mine at advance auto for like $3) and blockoff plate for the exhaust.