Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New LS1 owner.....2002 Formula 6mt

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gluemaker
Congrats! My advice would be to learn as much as possible. It's very easy to fall into the current fad on the forums. Just do your research. Sometimes the most expensive part isn't the best. Also browse the classifieds. There are good deals out there that can save you a buck. Also do not be afraid to ask questions. A lot of us have been on here for a while now and have had a lot of these cars. It not your daily driver so when something comes up, read about it and attempt it yourself. Best way to know the car.
Thanks Gluemaker-- Yeah, this is such a great source of information. I appreciate all the help I've been given so far, what better source than from those that own these cars.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:10 PM
12 Second Club

Congrats! Add a set of long tube headers and a mail order tune to what you already plan on doing and you will feel a noticeable difference in how the car performs.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice lookin car op. ive learned a ton from this forum and have been taking on larger projects I may not have at one point. i love the color of your car.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by beyonddisturbed
nice lookin car op. ive learned a ton from this forum and have been taking on larger projects I may not have at one point. i love the color of your car.
Thank you beyond, unfortunately I was mowing the lawn yesterday and a little rock shot out and hit my rear panel, knocked a dime piece of paint right off. Going to bring it into the garage and touch it up, you can imagine my aggravation. Damn mower!!!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by T AM
Congrats! Add a set of long tube headers and a mail order tune to what you already plan on doing and you will feel a noticeable difference in how the car performs.
I got in contact with an old friend who used to work on my Caprice with me-- turns out he has two bays and a lift in a little garage about 20 minutes from me. Time for some fun, and all the tools I need!

I took the car to a friend's house, I've never been given a thumbs up from so many people-- Hell yeah. I went to a deserted little side road today and said "what the hell", and launched at about 3k RPM. Needless to say, I've been waiting almost 3 years to be able to break tires loose and have a smokey little screen behind me. First burn-out in the LS1 (don't worry, when I say deserted road-- I mean literally, nobody near me, no pedestrians, nothing but me and the car--)....won't be a normal thing as I do like to baby my vehicles and I'd rather not break anything.... But damn, 310hp and room to gallop, let's go! (You guys have to remember, my daily driver is a 2.4l Nissan Frontier LOL...what a difference)

Edit: Still no new pics, too much forum browsing LOL

Last edited by xxKennyDxx; 05-23-2012 at 08:23 PM.