New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I take out my "Cat" on my 2001 T/A WS6????

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 06:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 02WS6_Publix
Oh I agree 100%! They are Ridiculously Expensive for sure.... But then again this is my project car and I'm looking to use only the best of the best. (That could change if my wallet stays the same size) lol
In the event I chose to steer away from the CORSA and BORLA brand names what else would you guys recommend looking into?
You could get a Jegs catback, sell the generic muffler that comes with it and buy a magnaflow muffler. Or just get a magnaflow catback.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:59 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Corsa here love it and would not change it. Matted to a Dynatech SuperMaxx Kit and their Catted Y. Deals are out there. I found the header kit like 400$ less then jegs and summit with our sponsor New Era Perf and that was their normal price.

The Corsa I got from Sam Taylor Buick and Caddy (google it) they were bout 200$ cheaper then anyone.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Corsa here love it and would not change it. Matted to a Dynatech SuperMaxx Kit and their Catted Y. Deals are out there. I found the header kit like 400$ less then jegs and summit with our sponsor New Era Perf and that was their normal price.

The Corsa I got from Sam Taylor Buick and Caddy (google it) they were bout 200$ cheaper then anyone.

Touche Sir!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like the sig name, let me guess you work for Publix? Been down that way before and seems like in Orlando, like thats the only grocery store lol.

My pricing is def a few years old, stuff may have gone up but just look you can find good things.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Staging Lane

The SLP Loudmouth I and II cat-back exhaust systems sound great in my opinion on a stock exhaust with CATS. I wouldn't remove the stock CATS for reasons already cited. You would likely gain more HP with the LM catback and have a noticeably louder and deeper sounding exhaust and be emissions legal.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

+1 for headers and off road Y
Old 06-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Like the sig name, let me guess you work for Publix? Been down that way before and seems like in Orlando, like thats the only grocery store lol.

My pricing is def a few years old, stuff may have gone up but just look you can find good things.
Yeah buddy! I love me some Publix! lol
I live the north west Florida so we have a few other stores that you can shop at here but your so right about south florida. WERE EVERYWHERE! lol

Quick Reply: Should I take out my "Cat" on my 2001 T/A WS6????