New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

completely removing rear seats..?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default completely removing rear seats..?

i was just thinkn bout removing the back seat...but do not want it looking like a$$. i am really up for any reccomendations! i would like to completely put some kind of carpet reaching from the back of the trunk where the t-tops go all the way to under the rear of the front seats. also has to fir the contour of the interior body molding. maybe a black carpet with a big *** firebird embroidered on it..? hmmm....i can only imagine what the possibilities are. alright guys lets be creative.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't had my rear seats out in a while.. but I thought there was already carpet there? Only spot w/out carpet was where the bracket is that fastens the bottom parts of ths seats?

I could be mistaken though...

Regardless... I've seen several cars w/out back seats, and i ran w/out back seats for a while last year .. never noticed any of the cars looking like ***..
Old 03-31-2004, 12:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I took mine out a couple months ago. It is all carpeted except for where the seats bolt to the body, a portion of the body sticks thorough and will be painted the color of the body, orange in my case... It doesnt look too bad. If you take the rear rectangular floor mats and place them were the bucket seats were to kinda "cover" that hole it looks a ton better. You will also need to remove the rear seat belts, and there are six bolts for that. Two are easy(the ones that hold the belt retractor), but the other four are really hard to remove. I used vice grips to get them out, but then you have to put them back in because the hole goes straight through to the underbody.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just remove the back part .. leave the buckets.. they dont weight anything....
have both mine like this... looks great.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:41 PM
TECH Veteran

do you plan on showing the car or something? My seats stay in during the week and come out when we go to the track.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just want a reason to tell peole why they cant ride with me to be honest..i dont like how the carpet looks and when the buckets come out there are some metel brackets or something still showing. i would like to lay a carpet or rug that would fit nicely from under the front seats to the bottom of the trunk so it looks nice when people are ridin with me....

Quick Reply: completely removing rear seats..?