Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does E85 like bigger cams?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 02:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does E85 like bigger cams?

I just got the lunati 232/238 .599/.601 on 113lsa for my cam only setup.... how does e85 react do bigger cams?
Old 07-03-2012, 10:35 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

E85 doesn't know if you have a big or small cam. Now the bigger cam you have, the more compression you would like to get better average average torque and power. More compression needs higher octane, which is where E85 comes in allowing you to run the extra compression and/or more timing advance.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

honey bager dont give a ****. basically it helps you run more power safely, while adding some cooling benefits and ....more power due to more timing etc...and the fact that its comparable to 100+ octane fuel. When choosing a cam, keep in mind what you want the car to be in a year, two years, or eventually. you really dont wanna have to swap em out all the time unless you just enjoy it. as far as cam selection....^ matt up there has em all.....custom grinds, shelf cams, springs, rods, all that good stuff. he wont steer you wrong.