New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo Predator

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004 | 01:41 PM
Teching In

Default Diablo Predator

I am considering A Predator since I do not plan to heavily mod my car, however there is one question that I cannot seem to answer. Does anyone know as to whether or not the Predator allows you to change the point at which the cooling fans come on as the HPP3 does?
Old 04-04-2004 | 01:54 PM
8 Second Club

yes it does allow you to change the on and off settings for the fan temperature.
Old 04-04-2004 | 02:28 PM
TECH Veteran

yep it sure does
Old 04-04-2004 | 11:57 PM
TECH Resident

And a whole lot more...
Old 04-05-2004 | 03:41 AM
((((((Administrator))))))
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by BOWTIE
And a whole lot more...
...like alot more timing and less fuel! (((KNOCK)))

My friend had alot of knock in the higher RPM's. I told him to get dyno tuned with LS1Edit from MTI for about six months, well he finally did and he gained 17rwhp over the Diablo tuning. With just a lid and cut-out he got 340rwhp and like 356rwtq. Jayson at MTI tuned it great. The torue curve was not even a curve, at 2,500rpm's he hit around 350rwtq and carried straight across till around 5,000rpm's and started to drop like most cars.

From what I've heard, now seen, Diablo blows.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 04-05-2004 | 05:08 AM
TECH Resident

I will not argue with that, a dyno tune done right by someone that knows what they are doing is almost always going to be best. However, what happens the next time you freind changes something? Does he have a lifetime tune like they used to sell years ago. If not, he will be going back to MTI and paying to have it tuned again. I have a freind with the Diablo that he ordered from James at RWTD and he told James exactly what mods he had and got the tune James had suggested. It was not perfect and James had to email him another tune. After two dyno sessions and 3 different custom tunes it was dialed in almost perfectly. Then he changed the MAF from stock to a descreened SLP 85mm and now it is lean again. He will send James the A/F ratio we got at the last dyno along with the other info recorded with the Diablo and James will write him another tune and email it to him, all for no extra charge. In addition, it allows you to read, and clear codes, live monitoring capabilities (I was even able to use it on my car at the last dyno to monitor my engine temps, knock retard, etc. just could not change anything). As I stated originally, the dyno tune is the way to go, except that then you still need ATAP, and a laptop if you want to monitor anything or read/reset codes; but the Diablo is the second bets choice and hands down beats the HPP3.
Old 04-05-2004 | 03:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well you CAN get a custom tune with a Predator. The default tune that came with the Predator did not do as well as it did run lean with my first mods. FTRA and MAF ends. but once I riched it up it got the HP I was looking for. He also made me a cutom tune for my cam for free which was nice.

Hard to beat a dyno tune with an editor though.