Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring harness clean up? batt relocation

Old 08-27-2012, 05:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wiring harness clean up? batt relocation

wasn't sure were to put this so.

i was wondering what you guys did with this area of your engine compartment with all the wiring and all, i tried tucking it and its all ran to tight (the stock stuff) so it kinda just lays there, im planning on pulling the engine soon and really wanna clean it up (and the abs delete, running new brake lines) cause this area looks like s**t imo, was just wondering what you guys did that didnt involve cutting the 2inch thick line of wires and re running EVERY little wire longer
pics appreciated! thanks!

Old 08-27-2012, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Under the fuse box, make that hole a little larger and dump them down there, then just make a cover panel and paint it. You can access them from under the car through the drop panel; or simple pull them back out.

You can run those power wires through the fender liner like the pcm wire harness on the other side.

Hope this helps
Old 08-28-2012, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

I messed with it some lastnight and got it tucked alittle better, got all but the box with the power wire on it down and threw the whole, ill upload a pic later today, im probably gunna cut a metal/plastic plate to lay over all the harness and back of the boxes to help protect and give it a cleaner look
Old 08-28-2012, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what I did. Looks alot better standing looking into the engine bay. The only other option is lengthen the wires all the way around and mount them under the dash.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

i may have to try dropping that box
Old 08-29-2012, 11:56 AM
TECH Resident

so this is what i did the other day,didnt have to cut anything, plan on going through and taping up some of those bare wires (well not bare but not in the loom) and cleaning it up when its done flooding here, plan on making a plate of some sort to kinda sit over it all when its done too, ill try to put pics up of that too

the little flat 2 plug thing, i was able to unplug it , put it under the car and then plug one plug through the square ish hole and other through the small circle hole and then zip tied it up, other box i just worked it in the whole to were it fit with out stretchin wires

TIP!!!! make sure u wrap the bottom of the boxes with electrical tape and then some of the wires going into the box for extra safty/water resistance, i was working the box down and a small tab hit the body and i got fireworks so careful but lol ( i know was messing with electrical should of disconnected neg lol)
Old 08-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

How much is it to have the harness reworked.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wiring harness clean up? batt relocation