New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 z28

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 z28

What can i do to make it a little faster.
It is all stock..
Old 09-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First things first, get a lid. Exhaust was my second priority. It would be helpful to know what direction you're planning to go with the car. Is it your DD, weekend cruiser, orrrrr....?
Old 09-16-2012, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Read the stickies:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...anna-fast.html
Old 09-18-2012, 09:45 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Always think of your engine as an air pump...the more air you get in and out, and the more effectively/efficiently you do so, the more power you can and will make. I always start with intake and exhaust!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 09-18-2012, 06:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

need more info ...for example if its an auto a stall and some drag radials will give you a great bang for the buck , if its a 6 speed headers , intake , and lid are probably the first couple things you see people do
Old 09-18-2012, 08:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

consider a mail order tune after you do the mentioned mods above.can you run headers in your state ?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first and foremost, open up the intake. SLP flopac with a K and N or JUST an airlid and k and filter. second, cat back exhaust is a must, flowmaster, SLP, whatever. try all the free mods on this forum too. also, switch to synthetic engine oil, good for the motor. low temp thermostat too. after these mods, your gonna need a tuner or programmer to allow the computer to adjust for the more air flow through and out of the engine, and use 93 octane, always...
if the car is bone stock, my first thing i did that made my car run really really nice was just routine maintenance making sure the car is all up to date on everything, fuel filter, pcv valves, 02 sensors, plugs, oil change (5w30 synthetic with Zmax made my 111k mile neglected motor run 10 times better.
PM me if you want, i also JUST got a cheap 99 Z28 M6, im in almost the same boat you are in...although your car is prolly in way better shape since i got my car for next to no money for good reason (tranny issues)

Quick Reply: 99 z28