New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Things that bother me about our cars!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 07:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only complaint with me is the headlight motors, and the areas where the seatbelt rubs the center console, and looks like ****. Also the handle to layback the seats rubs the plastic, and looks like **** also.. But other than that, I LOVE IT!
Old 04-12-2004, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hate it when I wash my car and then get it all dried off, and 5 minutes later there's water dripping out all over the place. It's like the damn car is a sponge, water friggin everywhere.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:06 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camarols1
I hate it when I wash my car and then get it all dried off, and 5 minutes later there's water dripping out all over the place. It's like the damn car is a sponge, water friggin everywhere.
I have found that if you take it for a real short, quick drive (I just back it up down my driveway, then go forward, then back it up, then go forward) ... it gets rid of alot of that hidden water, especially in the rims and such. Those damn mirrors always still have some though.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:21 PM
TECH Junkie

My previous complaint about the interior panels isn't that I dislike the design. I happen to think it's very well laid-out and everything is well within reach. My complaint is, when I open my driver's side door and look in the back, I can see between the door panel and the side of the car. That's BAD! However, it can (and will) be fixed.

I'm thinking wood grain interior and leather-wrapped air conditioning vents would look a little silly in our cars.

-Mike
Old 04-12-2004, 06:33 PM
Launching!

the thing that i hate is when you look at the cars from the side you see that stupid *** flat exhaust pipe hanging down real low......... i guess thats why there is an aftermarket...
Old 04-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by XuhQshinR
Things I hate about my F-Body.

1) Occupies all of my weekend cleaning and waxing it.
2) Wife bitches at me that I spend too much time with it.
3) Speedometer only goes to 155MPH.
4) Always wondering what ******* is going to park next to it and have their fat *** open their car door into the side of mine while they use their door to help their *** out of their car.
5) The odometer changes (goes up) when I drive it
6) I hang out way too much in LS1Tech because I own one.
7) For once I live where it snows and have to drive in it. ( I miss Bradenton!).
8) My wife hates that hump on the passenger side so when we take a long trip we must take her car.
9) I refuse to put anything less than 93 octane in her and gas prices are high!
10) It came with a friggin payment book!
I second everything that was said except the snow
Old 04-12-2004, 07:32 PM
TECH Veteran

The only thing I hate is that they don't make them anymore, everything else i can live with. You all need to stop complaining..."Get In, Sit Down, And SHUT UP!"
Old 04-12-2004, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Aint but one way to dry an LS1 and thats in 5th gear running 3,500 +RPMs

Old 04-12-2004, 07:53 PM
TECH Addict

Don't you just hate all that damn torque? I'm thinking of taking it back to the dealer and having them reduce it a little.

Oh, and about the water that seems to seep out of the car, just let it sit a while after you've dried it and get something to blow the water from under the mirrors, side markers and tail lights.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Guess I must be the only Formy here. I'm surprised no one mentioned the water buildup that occurs on the Formy's "spoiler". After washing my car, it's like I have about a half gallon of H20 resting on my hatch. Also

-How hard they are to park

-The slow turning signals (one blink every two sec's)

-I hate the fact that they stopped making them, but

-Our cars are way too common
Old 04-12-2004, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

the water drying solution: blow the water out from underneath the tail lights when you are drying it.

things i hate:

1. rattles
2. stock clutch
3. window motors
4. the rear bumper cover (the part that sits level to the ground) gets dirt built on it after sitting anywhere or driving through anything in a matter of seconds.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:05 PM
Launching!

Rattles and Vibrations from places you will never find.
Stores water in cracks to **** you off after your done drying it.
Weak Rearend
Long *** Doors
Has more glass to clean then a Greenhouse.
Skip shift is sooooo annoying, i know it can be taken out easily.
Can't spray Armor All on the dash w/out spraying down the windshield.
The big Dent in the passenger floorboard. Dont know what that is.
Chrome Wheels that peel like bannanas
Uses so much gas, i am about to buy a bike to drive to work.
Last but not least.......Makes me want to spend all my money to make it faster.

All in all, I love my Car. It's fun.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by XuhQshinR
Things I hate about my F-Body.

1) Occupies all of my weekend cleaning and waxing it.
2) Wife bitches at me that I spend too much time with it.
3) Speedometer only goes to 155MPH.
4) Always wondering what ******* is going to park next to it and have their fat *** open their car door into the side of mine while they use their door to help their *** out of their car.
5) The odometer changes (goes up) when I drive it
6) I hang out way too much in LS1Tech because I own one.
7) For once I live where it snows and have to drive in it. ( I miss Bradenton!).
8) My wife hates that hump on the passenger side so when we take a long trip we must take her car.
9) I refuse to put anything less than 93 octane in her and gas prices are high!
10) It came with a friggin payment book!
LOL, i missed that one. That is a perfect explanation of the way i am also.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=xphantomws6x].

Okay, besides that I cannot stand that every person who thinks or dreamed they had a fast car will either pull up next to me and rev, or stop next to me when I'm getting in/out of my car and proceed to BS about cars (especially the ones who know nothin) .... "yo that things gotta 8 in it rite?"

. . . . every day after school i get taht. then i say its an 8 and they are all over me (actually my car)

gets annoying. stupid people that dont know what they are talking about have to **** us off
Old 04-12-2004, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I love my car: it doesn't rattle, I don't smoke, eat or drink in it, it doesn't burn any oil or use any more oil than any other car I've had, have no problems with window motors, no water leaks, people compliment it ALL the time, it hauls *** in the quarter mile and is only getting quicker, has been up to 160 MPH several times with no problems as far as handling or power (when running next to a vette out in the wide open country of west Texas), smokes mustangs and ricers, accelerates great, handles wonderful, and I love it for what it is...a great American muscle car.....There is always room for improvement.....
Old 04-12-2004, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh, I almost forgot...today, I go to Hastings book store to have a coffee and garb a magazine, park way out in the middle of nowhere, I mean no one was out there except me, just my car, no one else, easily fifty ******* spaces out there, some ******* pulls up behind my ride with their ugly *** pontiac Aztek (is there an uglier car on the road today? Did somone at GM lose a job over this POS? When did Stevie Wonder get in the car design business??) parks right up against the back end of my car...I spent six and a half hours washing, claying, detailing, zainoing, polishing, etc...not three days ago, and this asswipe rubs his damn liscense plate bracket up against my back bumper...an entire parking lot was empty!!!!!He had to park his POS up against my damn car????

I waited for this ******* to come out and I asked him right to his face what the **** his problem was... Did he wake up and take one too many dumbass pills? Was he aware that he could've parked ANYWHERE in the parking lot, but for some reason my back bumber was too perfect for him to not rub up against? Are there any more people in his family without common sense that I should be aware of so that I can make sure to leave my car at home because they walk the streets like a gang of Forrest Gumps?

He apologized and said that "I didn't even notice", I said "next time ******* notice dude, now what about my bumper?" I got his information, and came home, and actually the scratch rubbed/polished out for the most part....but I am calling his insurance company tomorrow...Jesus, could some people just please wear condoms and not breed more idiots like this?....Thanks for letting me rant....any suggestions on what to say to his insurance people that will help me out, other than relax and explain what happened....?
Old 04-12-2004, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

ill tell ya what i hate....i HATE all the catholic high school chicks that used to want to ride in it when i used to cruise it through my old senior parking lot...

all of those that are lucky enough to have or used to have their LS1s while in H.S. can probably relate....what a friggen magnet that thing was!
Old 04-12-2004, 11:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Joker
Oh, I almost forgot...today, I go to Hastings book store to have a coffee and garb a magazine, park way out in the middle of nowhere, I mean no one was out there except me, just my car, no one else, easily fifty ******* spaces out there, some ******* pulls up behind my ride with their ugly *** pontiac Aztek (is there an uglier car on the road today? Did somone at GM lose a job over this POS? When did Stevie Wonder get in the car design business??) parks right up against the back end of my car...I spent six and a half hours washing, claying, detailing, zainoing, polishing, etc...not three days ago, and this asswipe rubs his damn liscense plate bracket up against my back bumper...an entire parking lot was empty!!!!!He had to park his POS up against my damn car????

I waited for this ******* to come out and I asked him right to his face what the **** his problem was... Did he wake up and take one too many dumbass pills? Was he aware that he could've parked ANYWHERE in the parking lot, but for some reason my back bumber was too perfect for him to not rub up against? Are there any more people in his family without common sense that I should be aware of so that I can make sure to leave my car at home because they walk the streets like a gang of Forrest Gumps?

He apologized and said that "I didn't even notice", I said "next time ******* notice dude, now what about my bumper?" I got his information, and came home, and actually the scratch rubbed/polished out for the most part....but I am calling his insurance company tomorrow...Jesus, could some people just please wear condoms and not breed more idiots like this?....Thanks for letting me rant....any suggestions on what to say to his insurance people that will help me out, other than relax and explain what happened....?

Some ******** hit the front of my car in a parking lot one day, messed up my licene plate and bracket, so i took it off and left it off, easy fix
Old 04-12-2004, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I use a wet/dry shop vac on all the places water like to hide, like reflecter areas, around head lights, around the mirrors, raise the hatch back up half way and get what runs out, pop the hood and get all the strange spots water pools in, all the way around the body molding halfway down, really easy to do and take about a minute in the detailing process....but then again I have no sex life........
Old 04-12-2004, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Talking Thanks for the laugh...I needed it

Originally Posted by 1QwickLT1

Some ******** hit the front of my car in a parking lot one day, messed up my licene plate and bracket, so i took it off and left it off, easy fix

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that