Old 04-14-2004, 05:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cat hump (fixed)
skip shift (fixed)
heavy (fixed)
10 bolt (soon to be fixed)
body flex (fixed w/sfc's)
cup holder (fixed..... used as a cell phone holder)
Old 04-14-2004, 05:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, who uses that cup holder anyways? Who even drinks in their cars. If I drink anything in my car it's gonna be bottled water. It doesent stain and I can just throw it on the passenger seat.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Some times I buy a fountain drink before I go to work and have no were to hold the drink and shift. And if I put the drink in the back cup holders it will fall.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use the passenger cup holder... that's what I do.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
There are minor annoyances with your cars, but I gotta say I love my Z28...

Sure, more things break down than what you hear of from your average import, but that's the price we pay for playing the HP game.

Ok, my Integra daily driver isn't probably going to throw a code or break something in the drivetrain, but then again, it's damn hard to break an 18 second quarter mile car.

Just ask some of these kids that put big *** fart pipes, cut their springs, have their cars running so pig rich it blackens their bumper above their big *** fart pipes, the rust spots from misdrilling their three-tiered park bench on their trunk lid, the rusty holes where they pryed off their "Civic" badge from, or the excessive ticking noises their engines make from constantly being revved above 7k rpms when their engines are still cold, or the bad shift hesistations because their slushbox is shot from being manually shifted 10,000 times how reliable their car REALLY is...
AMEN!!!! The thing that people don't take into consideration is the fact that 320 HP is going to break things and cause problems a LOT sooner than 120 will. I'm still not entirely sold on the fact that Jap cars are so 'superior' to American ones. Or German for that matter, or anything else. My sister has a VW Jetta that's basically an Audi A4 in drag, and it's had more problems than I've encountered in 4 1/2 years/90k miles of beating my TA senseless. One of my ex's owned two Jap cars during the time I knew her ('89 Toyota MR2, '97 Honda Civic) And they were BOTH major POS's. We'd come out of the grocery store and find random parts of the MR2 laying on the floorboards...No rhyme or reason to it, I guess the superglue just finally gave way. And as for interior build quality of Hondas, I'm still not impressed...Her Civic's dashboard was soft to the touch by the base of the windshield, and the armrests were cast-concrete covered in circus-flavored carpet. Figure THAT one out for me! I guess in the end...
Old 04-14-2004, 06:54 PM
12 Second Club

1. Formula tails hold a gallon of water. (quick trip down road at 80 fixes that)
2. The stupid *** dots on the back window that no tint professional will put tint over.
3. Extra money to tint rear window in one peice.
4. Steep driveways
5. Rear quarter panel holds dents, and is a PITA to fix
6. piston slap
7. When people think mine is a Fierbird w/ no LS1 ( I love when ricers think that)
8. Lack of Mod money
9. Lack of mod money
Old 04-16-2004, 07:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

short list
1. PISTON SLAP,mine is a 98 but still sounds like a diesel when i start it,has done that forever.
2. The time i spend with it in the garage,makes me feel like some kind of freak sometimes just because i have to go "tinker" with it and there is absoultely nothing wrong with it or no other reason i need to even go to the garage, just to see my car..i think im a few shy of a six pack.... oh well
3. the time i should be sleeping but instead im on ls1 tech for hours at a time.
4.rattles.esp in verts
5.loud *** lights when they go down claaaacluunkkk!!!
6.POS rearend
7. Browsing the "For sale" section for **** i cant afford..
8.Drawing damn near every smokey's attention when you roll through town
Old 04-16-2004, 08:23 AM
On The Tree

1). Piston slap.

2). Cheap leather seats. The leather seats in our family minivan are 10x the quality.

3). Crappy paint (or quality control) - Come see the paint bubbling on my roof if you don't believe me.

But like the others said, I love my car!
Old 04-16-2004, 06:33 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

Honestly, who uses that cup holder anyways? Who even drinks in their cars. If I drink anything in my car it's gonna be bottled water. It doesent stain and I can just throw it on the passenger seat.
Mine is a driver

2). Cheap leather seats. The leather seats in our family minivan are 10x the quality.
That's funny. Today I was in a $40,000 ford exploder thinking how much nicer the interior of my 98 Z28 was.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by XuhQshinR
Things I hate about my F-Body.

1) Occupies all of my weekend cleaning and waxing it.
2) Wife bitches at me that I spend too much time with it.
3) Speedometer only goes to 155MPH.
4) Always wondering what ******* is going to park next to it and have their fat *** open their car door into the side of mine while they use their door to help their *** out of their car.
5) The odometer changes (goes up) when I drive it
6) I hang out way too much in LS1Tech because I own one.
7) For once I live where it snows and have to drive in it. ( I miss Bradenton!).
8) My wife hates that hump on the passenger side so when we take a long trip we must take her car.
9) I refuse to put anything less than 93 octane in her and gas prices are high!
10) It came with a friggin payment book!
I agree with everything you say,especially the odometer thing......and btw I love the interior in my TA
Old 04-16-2004, 10:22 PM
Launching!

3). Crappy paint (or quality control) - Come see the paint bubbling on my roof if you don't believe me.
I believe there was/is a TSB to get that fixed
Old 04-17-2004, 11:51 PM
On The Tree

Default Leaf Blower!!!

Originally Posted by ChiefBrody
Drying the car after washing it takes forever. There are too many places for water to hide and just when you think your done, the car leaks from somewhere. I sometimes think this car is part water buffalo, it holds more water then what came out of the hose.

LEAF BLOWERS ARE YOU FRIEND!!!!!!. Gets the water out every time!
Old 04-18-2004, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CaMaRoZ28LS12000
The fact that people think the LS1 is just like any old Chevy 350, and that you can put parts from older motors on them.
Yep, that is so stupid. Thats all you can really say.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ramairstyle00
cup holder (fixed..... used as a cell phone holder)

me too! plus I just don't allow food/drinks in my car..LOL
Old 04-19-2004, 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by z98
Mine is a driver
So is mine.

Last edited by sunsetz28; 04-20-2004 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:07 PM
10 Second Club

Okay, since we are new LS1 owners... I would just like to add that it is starting to get annoying that every tool out there that thinks they have a fast car (mainly the import crowd?!?) just has to pass and get in front of the SS... Even if we are just cruising at the speed limit...

Dang now my wife and I know what it is like to drive the "yardstick" that all other cars try to measure up too...
Old 04-19-2004, 10:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

all this hate....i'll say what's best about it...which is, you can't beat 300 n/a rwhp in a stock used Fbody that can be had for under $10k right now, like a '98 Z/28.

you can do it with a Fox Mustang, but then it would cost almost the same (if you don't skip on the supporting parts like a stronger transmission, etc) ...it'll be quicker due to lesser weight, but you'll still have an older car, with horrible aerodynamics, drum brakes, no airbag (unless a '93), etc. you can cut corner by buying an old $2000 Mustang, but then you'll be putting nice, new, powerful high performance parts into a POS rustbucket.

now if you go beyond the basic bolt-ons, then the parts are expensive as hell compared to the Fox Mustang market.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:01 AM
Launching!

those stangs still look like $hit compared to the new ones, and the fbods..LOL
Old 04-20-2004, 12:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ChillnV
those stangs still look like $hit compared to the new ones, and the fbods..LOL
that too...even if i'm still more of a mustang guy, my TA looks a hell of alot better than the Fox3 mustangs.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:50 PM
12 Second Club

oh yeah I forgot to mention the worst thing of all - my horrid zebra cloth safari interior. who the F designed that crap? still trying to raise $ for leather replacements....