New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just about Me and Making a holler Out to yall

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 01:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow you are talking abunch of crap .. I am just curious what does your car have now? A guy who knows this much about automotive and has been working this long should have plenty in his car.
We were all 17 and I can admire dreams but they are dreams. I paid for all my cars myself and can tell you first hand that cars are fun but are not everything. I had a high 9 second truck and could not make that thing reliable for nothing. We are talking 2 years ago.

8 second 1/4 will not be reliable .. sorry to burst your bubble but we have all been on this page and many other LS1 pages for a long time and know what we are talking about. Good luck in life and let us know how your car progresses , just don't attack this board as a know it all. You don't know all and and 3-5 years from now will still not know all .. Stephen
Old 04-19-2004, 09:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

respectable post,
I never said i know it all. as far as the reliability issue i was probably going to end up severly turning down the boost from turbo's as low as possible when just being around here and there because the car would still be plenty fast and i also would have nitrous on tap which i wouldnt be running either, i think that would give me a decent amount of reliability to where im satisfied especially with the low compression ratio but when i hit the track i want it to become a fire breathing monster psi up & sprayed.
I guess i should phrase it a little different... Im more concerened about the reliability of the engine and clutch rather then the rearend and transmission so if i drive 20K miles and during which i do 11-15 track runs and then i drop my tranny for whatever dumb reason. it wouldnt be too bad, im more concerned about the motors reliability, i think it would be decent though if i have a 9:1 comp and turbo boost is almost insignificant.