Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

getting tune from Frost.. hows it work

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default getting tune from Frost.. hows it work

I'm planning on getting a tune from frost but I can't get a hold of him or get a straight answer from his site. How does it work? do I pay through his site and just send my computer in? How does he know I paid for the tune and that I am not just sendind it in?
Old 04-08-2013, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by coopdc78
I'm planning on getting a tune from frost but I can't get a hold of him or get a straight answer from his site. How does it work? do I pay through his site and just send my computer in? How does he know I paid for the tune and that I am not just sendind it in?
Print out the Mod list sheet from his website and fill it out, I was able to get ahold of him through EMAIL and he then gave me his paypal. After payment you send your PCM & Mod list sheet (filled out) and if i remember its about a 1 week turn around time, depending on your location. I had a good experiance with a FROST tune back when i had a FULL bolt on car.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Cool.. I hear he does a good job .. I just wanted to make sure he match my payment to my computer .. You know like printing up a receipt and shipping that with my mod sheet and computer
Old 04-09-2013, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not to diss Frost, as ive heard a lot of good things about them. But I dont think any mail order tune can compare to a custom tune done at a local shop or through a local tuner. Might want to look into that as well.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by xxrillixx
Not to diss Frost, as ive heard a lot of good things about them. But I dont think any mail order tune can compare to a custom tune done at a local shop or through a local tuner. Might want to look into that as well.
True, however, its different for every situation. For example, i live around 2 to 3 hours away from a good tuner. If i only have bolt ons, a mail order tune is the best deal for me. Plus, for bolt ons, there have been times where mail order tunes are only few horses away from a custom tune. For bolt ons, a mail order tune should suffice IMO. Once you start heavy modding, a cutom tune will benefit you the most. Just different situations i guess.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:44 AM
Teching In

Yeah I plan on a cam ,head, and intake in the future. When I do that I'll be getting a dyno tune .. I just can't justify 500 bucks now and another in a year or two
Old 04-12-2013, 04:29 PM
TECH Resident

i just did this and had the same issue with him, couldnt get ahold of him

this is what u need to do,

1.box just your ECM up with the build sheet of the car
2. pay for which ever tune u need, bolt on or FI/internals
3. go ship it off and you should have it back in less then a week

i didnt know what to do so i just shipped it to him thinkin he would call when it was done and then pay for it but he wont touch it till u pay for the tune

Quick Reply: getting tune from Frost.. hows it work