New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something wrong or expecting too much?

Old 04-16-2013, 01:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do all the free mods and get a p&p TB. I have pretty much every free mod and almost every bolt on minus lts and my ride burns rubber rolling in first for sure. It'll smoke tires. Great throttle response. But I have all fresh fluids and fresh TuneUp with msd's and ngk 55s. I also have 140k on the clock and no bog.
PS do not de screen maf. Especially with after market lid. Have found a few things on the screen over the years.. no idea how they got there lol
Old 04-16-2013, 01:19 AM
Staging Lane

Also word of advice. Do lots of research and actually call companies when it comes to performance mods and ask them what supporting mods they used when they claim HP added.
You'll find many people online have no idea what they are speaking about. (including myself at times lol XD)
Seriously though, some guy may tell you a cam alone will make 80hp, when that's far from the truth. Always research everything until you find hard evidence of gains.

I can't tell you the amount of times people tried selling air foils, and fake turbos with claims of 5-10hp.

Hell, I dyno'd mufflers alone and alot of times aftermarket mufflers decreased performance on certain setup when you'll see certain people raving a flowmaster or something will give you 5-10hp
Old 04-16-2013, 03:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SMKE EM
Also word of advice. Do lots of research and actually call companies when it comes to performance mods and ask them what supporting mods they used when they claim HP added.
You'll find many people online have no idea what they are speaking about. (including myself at times lol XD)
Seriously though, some guy may tell you a cam alone will make 80hp, when that's far from the truth. Always research everything until you find hard evidence of gains.

I can't tell you the amount of times people tried selling air foils, and fake turbos with claims of 5-10hp.

Hell, I dyno'd mufflers alone and alot of times aftermarket mufflers decreased performance on certain setup when you'll see certain people raving a flowmaster or something will give you 5-10hp
its true. look for dyno numbers, track times and like he said other mods.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SMKE EM

+1
"YOU CAN PICK UP 40RWHP WITH THIS EXHAUST ON A STOCK CAR that already has full head/cam/intake mods."

I see that crap all the time when looking at parts from dealers...
Old 04-20-2013, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
This is the correct answer.

A stock LS1 isn't going to roast the tires by any means from a WOT roll already in 2nd gear. You may be looking for a problem where there isn't one.
i put 405 to the tires and i dont roast the tires from a 2nd gear punch. depending on how hard i shift sometimes it will bark 3rd.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hell I don't think my car will break traction from a 2nd gear punch. 1st gear it will but it won't roast them. I'm personally a fan of slow roll out in first then slam it to the floor. That gets them going haha.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Something wrong or expecting too much?