Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tick Master/Monster Clutch Stage 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 09:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Tick Master/Monster Clutch Stage 2

So I have a serious hydraulics issue that I really hope isn't actually the fork pads/synchronizers. I've done/tried Everything everyone on here has told me to try. Bled, rebled, Pressure bled. Nothing. Still refuses to shift into gear quickly. It, to me, has to be a hydraulics issue since I can shift into every gear just fine with the car off and on, yet its even more difficult with the car on and especially hard at higher RPMs.
I followed the clutch install to a T and the only issue I had was pushing the transmission back in. It slid in to a point where we could get a couple bolts in on the top and bottom and on the sides and the dowels lined up but we had to actually use the bolts to get it back on all the way. This didn't seem like an issue when it started up and drove. I was having this gear engagement problem since before the new clutch and before the new master which I installed a couple months ago.
I'm just sick of this and tired of dealing with it. I need some new ideas. I also tried the rev test. Doesn't roll forward.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Launching!

bump...
Old 04-14-2013, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How did you adjust the MC? Either you need to adjust the pedal higher or it's time for a trans rebuild.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fry_
How did you adjust the MC? Either you need to adjust the pedal higher or it's time for a trans rebuild.
I adjusted the pedal higher last night and it got better and I even slightly chirped a tire. Haven't heard that in 6-7 months..
But it still isn't smooth. I was told that if the fluid level in the reservoir rises as you push in the clutch, that the Master cylinder is faulty or a seal is out. Is this true or? Cause it definitely does that
Old 04-14-2013, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not a clue I'd call tick and ask them.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fry_
Not a clue I'd call tick and ask them.
Yeah, well weekends suck. No one is open...tried to call em yesterday. But from what I've said, would you say its a combination of the trans and the hydraulics or just the hydraulics or vice versa?
Old 04-14-2013, 09:35 PM
Launching!

bumppppp

Quick Reply: Tick Master/Monster Clutch Stage 2