New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What kind of stall?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 07:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who is going to do the install? maybe they have a stalled car around. also you need a cooler and certain codes must be deleted or you will throw a code.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:52 PM
11 Second Club

I'll go ahead and throw in my input. I had the same debate about stall size when I decided to do mine, and was stuck between Yank and Circle D for the converter. Since I don't DD my car, and race it more often, I opted for a 4000 stall from Circle D. Yank stalls are just as good, if not a little tighter from what I understand, which is better for street driving.

As for driveability, my stall is very loose, but it was spec'd to go with a cam and rear gears that aren't on my car yet. If you're sticking to stock internals, I would suggest the SS3600 as well, plenty of hit, and tighter street manners around town. I usually get up to around 2000-3000 rpm around down to get moving with traffic. I can get the car moving with less, it just takes a little longer. My converter locks up at 45 mph, and drives like stock after it locks.

And I'm still on my stock 10-bolt with 3.23's, and have made about 2 dozen passes with the converter at the track (probably another dozen without it). I cut 1.5x 60's and my rear is still going fine. Between that and other spirited driving, I haven't had any problems yet. It just takes a little getting used to. If you get the chance, definitely try and ride along in some other stalled rides to get a feel for it before you buy.

And like others have already said, get a good cooler! Can't stress that enough. I have a cooler, and I'm already looking at a deeper pan, or bigger trans cooler for my car.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I checked with the shop but damn near every car there currently is m6 or a4's that aren't stalled, and they will be tuning the car as well

Quick Reply: What kind of stall?