New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how can I make 500rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 09:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys.. I just came to my final thought.. I'm selling my ls1 with the trans complete and getting the ls3. Wt u guys think
Old 09-03-2013, 11:45 PM

You're in the same boat I am with achieving 450 to the wheels but I'm trying to figure it out slowly. I read the sticky and some support on your ride wouldn't hurt. I think it's actually encouraged that you get subframes and other adjustments.

As far as reaching 500 and keeping it n/a it sounds like it's gonna cost some money. Now wether your're better off swapping to the LS3 VS staying with the LS1 and doing mods to it is up to you.

I've been looking at pre-450 rwhp changes.

12 bolt rear end
Torque arm/subframes and other body supports
Suspension & Brakes
Maybe a new transmission :C

And thats already quite a bit of dough dumped into getting stuff like that.

THEN I'd look into the jump to 450 with work towards it.

I ultimately want a car I can let loose on a quiet highway/get-up-and-go and something that I can be happy driving everyday to work and back. A streetable vehicle.

Check out the sticky's at the top, they're old but really good.

If you decide to part out your tranny and engine, I'd like some pics.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Personally, with the severe lack of decision making ability, and a shortage of abundant cash, I would just leave it alone and drive it. When you get the ls3 and build it on an engine stand, and have also purchased the trans you want, have them bolted together and sitting ready to go in the car. THEN start on your swap.

If I had another $2000 I would be almost done with my project.

But as with most people here, it takes time to do it all.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NG_LT1
You're in the same boat I am with achieving 450 to the wheels but I'm trying to figure it out slowly. I read the sticky and some support on your ride wouldn't hurt. I think it's actually encouraged that you get subframes and other adjustments.

As far as reaching 500 and keeping it n/a it sounds like it's gonna cost some money. Now wether your're better off swapping to the LS3 VS staying with the LS1 and doing mods to it is up to you.

I've been looking at pre-450 rwhp changes.

12 bolt rear end
Torque arm/subframes and other body supports
Suspension & Brakes
Maybe a new transmission :C

And thats already quite a bit of dough dumped into getting stuff like that.

THEN I'd look into the jump to 450 with work towards it.

I ultimately want a car I can let loose on a quiet highway/get-up-and-go and something that I can be happy driving everyday to work and back. A streetable vehicle.

Check out the sticky's at the top, they're old but really good.

If you decide to part out your tranny and engine, I'd like some pics.
Well I want to see wt I'm going to need to swap my ls1 to ls3. After ill let u know if I'm going to sale it.
I know ls3 is gonna hit 500whp without doing a lot of work. Maybe just supercharge it. Thats all. Wt u think
Old 09-04-2013, 01:11 AM

Ahh gotcha, well if you're going to go with the LS3 and try pumpin' out 500 horses, get some chassis upgrades, and other mods to support the huge jump.

Good luck with the endeavor.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NG_LT1
Ahh gotcha, well if you're going to go with the LS3 and try pumpin' out 500 horses, get some chassis upgrades, and other mods to support the huge jump.

Good luck with the endeavor.
Thanks man! ;-) Ill keep doing my research on all the suspensions stuff and the pcm.. **** so many stuff
Old 09-04-2013, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't mind me asking.

How old are you?

Judging from your YOLO'ing and grammar I'm going to guess that your pretty young, and that is okay. However, (and I'm trying to sound as nice as I can via text) you need to get a grasp of how much money this hobby really takes, every persons first build is a sobering slap in the face. I'm being harsh in any way man, just trying to give you a heads up. If you're young chances are you don't make a ton of cash, and you don't want to spend your every last penny on something like a car; that or your parents are going to be nice and buy you a few parts here and there because they love you and want you to be happy. Nothing wrong with that if your appreciative and respect it.

What you should really do is just enjoy your car. Basic bolt-on's will have you grinning from ear to ear if this is your first sports car. Your talking about swapping engines and going for broke on a heads and cam build and now your mentioning superchargers and stuff. Get some seat time, save some cash, REALLY think about how far your willing to go with a build, save some more, talk on the forums, read the stickies, save some more, and THEN start buying parts... IF... you even still have the car. A lot of young people wrap these cars around trees or get tickets and are forced to sell them.

I got my car from a guy that's son got 2 speeding tickets and a racing ticket in ONE YEAR! Kid was loosing his license and was 19 years old.

Just settle down and take it slow. Read the stickies!

Last edited by My6speedZ; 09-05-2013 at 05:29 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Op i have similar goals of 500hp but i have a turbo charger in mind. Any specific reason you want to stay n/a?
Old 09-06-2013, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

simply put..... boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooost
Old 09-11-2013, 02:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Turbo's the way to go, and its efficient. You'll destroy 500 rwhp with ease. My heads and cam build got boring quick. I was looking for the same thing Na afterwards but I figured that would get boring after awhile aswell. Spend 5-6 K on a stroker motor and maybe hit 500, no thx. My builder sold me on the turbo. W/ boost you just turn it up or get a bigger snail. It isn't cheap but there's many more options out there nowadays other then the old days of dropping 6-8 k on a decent kit.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:22 AM
"I MAID THEESE"

Received 675 Likes on 425 Posts

I feel like the op just wants to say he has a 500 hp car. Do H/C/I and youll be at 430-460 RWHP thats about 500-530 crank hp. BOOM now you have a 500 hp car that cant hook for **** and blows up the 10 bolt/tranny everyday on the good side of things you have a 500 hp car

Quick Reply: how can I make 500rwhp