New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do with a z28?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to hijack the op's thread, but can anyone tell me an easy way, or simply a way to identify if your car had the 243 heads vs whatever the other stock option was that isn't worth sending out for the 226 option? I'm just curious on my 98 Z28, I'm trying to do a somewhat "mild" build for now that'll keep me satisfied while I work on building a turbo motor to drop in once I've got it all finished an top it off with a Huron Speed single of some sort, but that's getting a ways down the road. Also, I was planning on going with a 3500-4k stall on mine but it'll still be mainly street driven, is there that big of a difference in 500rpm of stall on the street? I'm fairly use to driving set-ups that most would consider less than street friendly, but I can kinda get away with it cuz of the rural area in which I drive. Thanks for the help, an again, sorry for the hijack but thought it was info the op could use as well.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DaveyB
Not to hijack the op's thread, but can anyone tell me an easy way, or simply a way to identify if your car had the 243 heads vs whatever the other stock option was that isn't worth sending out for the 226 option? I'm just curious on my 98 Z28, I'm trying to do a somewhat "mild" build for now that'll keep me satisfied while I work on building a turbo motor to drop in once I've got it all finished an top it off with a Huron Speed single of some sort, but that's getting a ways down the road. Also, I was planning on going with a 3500-4k stall on mine but it'll still be mainly street driven, is there that big of a difference in 500rpm of stall on the street? I'm fairly use to driving set-ups that most would consider less than street friendly, but I can kinda get away with it cuz of the rural area in which I drive. Thanks for the help, an again, sorry for the hijack but thought it was info the op could use as well.
If it's a factory addition it would be able to be found in the VIN I would imagine. If not, your going to have to take them to a shop to find out.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Teching In

look at the pass side front corner of the head on pass side,it will be # 241 243 ect...
Originally Posted by wilkes02SS
If it's a factory addition it would be able to be found in the VIN I would imagine. If not, your going to have to take them to a shop to find out.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the help, I'll have to take a look at mine while it's apart
Old 10-17-2013, 10:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

you wont have 243 heads. If the motor is stock in your car itll have 806 heads.

Quick Reply: What to do with a z28?