Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had the chance to drive.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 07:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had the chance to drive.....

I am a loyal bowtie guy by my upbringing in a 1968 camaro and chevelle. A friend of mine drives a 2003 Mach 1 and went out of town for the week and wanted me to watch it (drive it if I wanted to). It is stock for the most part, ASP crank pulley and exhaust cutouts is about all he has done so far to it. It is the M5 (hell, not even sure it has an option for A4). Just wanted to let everyone know that though they do look okay at times, I have been reborn on the bowtie. His car is quick, but does not put you in your seat compared to the 'camaro. It is uncomfortable on the inside made with all hard plastic etc, and the controls are hard to reach. It has 10,000 miles on it and I threw an SES code which turned out to be a misfire in the #1 cylinder. (real nice quality, huh). I did reset the PCM and it went away, so it was a fluke, but nonetheless that is garbage to me. I am just bored at work typing away rambling, but just wanted to share my thoughts on the Mach 1 having driven it personally now for 4 days. I absolutely hate it. When I pulled up at Autozone, people walked up saying, "nice car, man". I walked by and just said, "i hate this car, it ain't mine.....my Z runs circles around it." (which I do when me and this guy go out playing....)

i am done rambling
Old 05-05-2004, 08:31 AM
TECH Regular

While I haven't been in the Mach 1's...we had a 2001 GT before we got the Firehawk so I know the body style and interior. Like you said...not as comfortable to be in. (Of course the lack of the hump on the passenger floor is nice. ) Besides warped rotors and the clutch going..the only other problem the GT had was the seatbelts. They twist really easily and really bad. Well..they twisted to the point where the internal mechanism got locked up. You couldn't pull the seat belt in or out. Of course this happened right after the warrenty ran out.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

I was born a Ford guy, but converted many years ago, and while I like the power of the '03 Cobra, I won't be buying a Ford anytime soon. I admit when the next gen Cobra/Shelby (whatever's actually going to be available, dunno) becomes available, I'll surely be intrigued by it, but by then I'll have way too much money in the SS to get rid of it, and no factory pony car will be able to get near it.

I hope GM gets of it's rear and counters the upcoming Stang model with something worthy...