New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 SS Camaro will crank over no start after alarm went off

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 SS Camaro will crank over no start after alarm went off

I recently bought a 2001 SS Camaro and it came with a Viper alarm and also the factory key fob for factory alarm. It was running great the night before and after driving it , I set the viper alarm and also the factory alarm. The next day I disarmed the Viper alarm and then went to open the door and the factory alarm went off and began to honk, I then hit the panic red button on the factory gm key fob and alarm shut off. I then tried to start car and ll it does is crank over all lights upgraded stereo works, alarms still work but the car will not start. I disconnected the battery for 1/2 hour and then tried to connect it and see if it would work but no luck, please help I just bought the car and I am pissed.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Try hitting the unlock button on the Factory keyfob that's how I normally disable the Factory alarm system. That being said usually turning the key to the on position will usually disable it also. Is your security light lit or blinking when trying to start it?
Old 10-18-2013, 08:20 AM

No there is no security light blinking if the ignition is in the on position, security light goes out, I tried hitting the unlock on the factory key fob and I disconnected the battery overnight hoping it will reset everything. Will check today if not I am going to take it to dealership or
should I say stealership.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Teching In

Try disconnecting the negative battery cable and touch it to the positive.

Quick Reply: 2001 SS Camaro will crank over no start after alarm went off