Solid Motor Mount Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ToxicWS6
agree on both of these, putting engine in through the top was a huge bitch too
for me
Wouldn't jacking it up from the oil pan work?
Old 11-19-2013, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by NVUSZ28
Wouldn't jacking it up from the oil pan work?
I don't recommend you ever do that.

Another thing, with my Spohn solids, I did have to drop the k member some to get the tranny out (not a big deal but extra labor). And, if you tighten them down before you line up the trans in the tunnel, it will most like end up crooked. Overall they just didnt seem to be worth the headache when you work on your car a lot.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

The car I just bought has them. I did not notice a big difference in vibration from worn out stock mounts in my Formula to poly engine/rubber trans mounts.

This car has spohn solids and a poly trans mount. Going down the road it isn't BAD but it isn't GOOD. It's liveable. The sportlines with stock shocks and bump stops is worse. At IDLE, with a small cam and 147,000 miles, it feels like ever fastener in the interior is backing out from the vibration. The passenger cup holder drowns out the radio. If I ever have a reason to pull the motor from this thing or even pull the headers out I will be putting poly mounts in it. I intend to drive the car a lot, and I already have a project car that will be more race than street.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FMX05
The car I just bought has them. I did not notice a big difference in vibration from worn out stock mounts in my Formula to poly engine/rubber trans mounts.

This car has spohn solids and a poly trans mount. Going down the road it isn't BAD but it isn't GOOD. It's liveable. The sportlines with stock shocks and bump stops is worse. At IDLE, with a small cam and 147,000 miles, it feels like ever fastener in the interior is backing out from the vibration. The passenger cup holder drowns out the radio. If I ever have a reason to pull the motor from this thing or even pull the headers out I will be putting poly mounts in it. I intend to drive the car a lot, and I already have a project car that will be more race than street.
its interesting cause mines nothing like that and i have a decent cam in mine (EPP blower cam) i also have poly trans mount, not saying your lying or anything lol, just find it intersting, honestly ill give anyone a ride in my car and ill bet $20 none of them will ask or say i have solid motor mounts

btw this is the style i have, if it makes a diff, i have a turbo kmember so my pedestals are built into the kmember

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...mages/2323.jpg
Old 12-03-2013, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was looking at Spohns. I'm still 75% in on getting them.

Quick Reply: Solid Motor Mount Questions