New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6'6"... am i in the wrong place?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004 | 10:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Check out a used C5. Great leg room in them. I'm 6'1 and it fits great with a lot of room to go back.
Old 06-18-2004 | 10:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

6'-5" here barefoot, 220lbs, like mentioned earlier, it looks funny as hell getting out of this thing, you should see the look on peoples faces, but its worth it the car handles awesome...Good Luck on your decision...
Old 06-18-2004 | 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

im 5'7" and i just wish i was taller so the seat wouldnt be in the middle of the damn window lol. this way, people would think someone big drove my car and be less likley to F#$% with it lol.
how do you think i feel? im only 5'5", (if im lucky).
Old 06-18-2004 | 12:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by z98
With a little work there have been people getting near 30 mpg with the 6 speeds. Having two overdrives is nice.
I can vouch for that - I've gotten 30mpg with my LT1 M6 on the highway, but I had to have the cruise set at our Canadian speed limit (62 point something miles per hour) to do it. Usually it's closer to 26mpg highway

I'm 6'3" and fit with no problems; the seats are comfortable and the outward visibility is pretty good. Whenever I get in my Mom's Camry wagon I always notice how upright and uncomfortable the seats feel (like formal dining room chairs) but man that thing has window glass everywhere! You can see all around you, with no B pillars to speak of. That's about the car's only good feature

This is off topic but I'll keep it a short story: my Mom's always giving me the gears about how Toyotas are so nice & reliable and how I should buy one, but yesterday she took her Camry in because it was leaking oil (turned out to be a distributor O-ring) and on the drive back to her house, the power window crapped out and wouldn't roll up! So she took it back and they kept it inside the dealership overnight to fix it. Now I'm bugging her about getting a nice, reliable F-body
Old 06-18-2004 | 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by John95Z28
This is off topic but I'll keep it a short story: my Mom's always giving me the gears about how Toyotas are so nice & reliable and how I should buy one, but yesterday she took her Camry in because it was leaking oil (turned out to be a distributor O-ring) and on the drive back to her house, the power window crapped out and wouldn't roll up! So she took it back and they kept it inside the dealership overnight to fix it. Now I'm bugging her about getting a nice, reliable F-body
ahhh yes sounds much like my mother. Her first MB E320 98' was a total lemon, the computer took a vacation and never came back. Now she has a 99 E320 and her window has gone out approximately 3 times in 60k miles. Her cats burnt out a few months ago, and her driver power seat controls have broken twice. Not to mention when u change the brake pads on an MB ur supposed to change the rotors too

So far only problem with the f-bod in 41k miles is a haywire ac system which may just need vacumed and refilled.

Sorry for the off topic post tall people i'm 5'11'' and i fit perfect. Is the leather on anyone else's steering wheel begining to peel/shed?
Old 06-20-2004 | 11:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MstgKillr
What kind of custom seats do you have. I am 6'8" and looking for a new set of seats
I believe they are the Kirkey road race seats. I bought them from LG Motorsports, so if you called them, I'm sure they could tell you for sure. I believe the Kirkeys come in various widths to accomodate drivers of more epic proportions
Old 06-20-2004 | 12:09 PM
10 Second Club

Dang I am just 6'2" and I can barely get in and out of the car with normal clothes that allow more torso articulation, let alone with my vest (Second Chance IIIa) on...

Now do not get me started on people parking way too close to the car and not being able to get the door open wide enough...

I have had to have my wife roll down the window to give me enough room to get in, and one time even pop the T-Top...

Last edited by Azrael; 06-20-2004 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-20-2004 | 03:29 PM
Teching In

i'm 6'7", I fit awesomely in my Z, not so much in a firebird, I think the dash is a bit lower or something.
Old 06-20-2004 | 05:29 PM
TECH Resident

5'7" here so screw all you tall people, you think you're special . I wish I was taller . My bat to your left knee would make you about my height though so hehe.
Old 06-20-2004 | 05:41 PM
TECH Addict

My brother has a 97 Firebird, and I don't fit that well in them....I am 6'3'' and I get awesome leg room in my Camaro...
Old 06-21-2004 | 03:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TransAmMan
Welcome to the board man, enjoy. I'm 5'10 145lbs and wish the seat went back further but I still love the car. I don't know how you people 6ft plus fit in these cars I think it's really funny to see someone 7ft get outta a fbody.
went back further, wtf ??? lol, you see the other guys with half a foot on you saying they're fine ? I'm 5'11" and think I fit perfect. if i drive barefooted I actually hafta scoot the seat up a bit. and my body is proportional FYI !!

you must sit gangsta style with your backrest tilted totally horizontal, one arming it huh ?