New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good ol southern enginering

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014 | 08:49 AM

Default good ol southern enginering

So basicly i gutted my sterring rack and to be honest qith out th seals and gaskets it turns pretty damn good. So having done that ivhave no need for th pump but not sure i want to remove it ( power steering is nice when u got good hardware) is there a way i can render th pump inactive, pretty much just a free spining pully. Also how do you alighn your steering. I'm kimda of cheapskate and this is my project car so i kinda want to do everthing myself i can. and lastly folks and i apoligize for th book. but my driver side front panel took a mild smack causing th nose to set out on th car leaving about a half inch gap between th hood and body i am a pretty good welder but i don't want to compromise the cars structure anymore than i have to so what would be the nest way to straighten it out and compensate
Old 01-11-2014 | 11:37 AM
Teching In

You can bypass your power steering pump by getting a new serpentine belt that is the correct length. Take a string and trace the path of the belt (bypassing the PS pump), mark the string, then measure the length. Go to your local parts store and tell them what you have done and you may have to measure the belts they have in stock to find the right one, but they will surely have one that will suit you needs. You'll want to be sure you know the width and number of ribs for your car. I like your Southern Engineering!

Quick Reply: good ol southern enginering