New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shocks and springs combo

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shocks and springs combo

Alright so after reading up in a variety of springs i am having a hard time with which to choose given the fact i get so many various opinions and feedback. I am in the process if getting Koni shocks and struts (sport edition) and now for springs i am having a hard time deciding because first i was told eibach pro series then was told hotchkiss but then i was told hotchkiss is too low and i should go strano or bmr. I am looking to change the springs when i change the my shocks and struts in spring, i want something that will coincide with the konis performance and handle wise yet not lower my car much and not have a rough ride where i feel everything on the street. Any suggestions advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 02-20-2014, 12:23 PM
TECH Resident

Im pretty sure Hotckis actually lowers the car the least out of all fbody after market springs... 1 inch all around if I remember correctly. Not sure where you're getting your info from but I'd be weary of them. Hotchkis springs are not bad though, but they're not the best. Eibach is garbage, spring rates are not right at all for an fbody and they sag as they get older. Strano or BMR are the best imo and if I were you I'd go with one of those two.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had Strano/Koni combo and it worked well (sig pic). Ride was definitely firm but not harsh when adjusted towards the softer settings. Handling and composure was excellent.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

Strano/bilsteins is what I'd go with if you're on a budget
Old 02-20-2014, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by badformulaLS1
Im pretty sure Hotckis actually lowers the car the least out of all fbody after market springs... 1 inch all around if I remember correctly. Not sure where you're getting your info from but I'd be weary of them. Hotchkis springs are not bad though, but they're not the best. Eibach is garbage, spring rates are not right at all for an fbody and they sag as they get older. Strano or BMR are the best imo and if I were you I'd go with one of those two.
Thanks yea ive been pretty weary lol it makes sense to go with bmr because i just bought some other bmr suspension products. I appreciate all the feed back like i said ive gotten a lot of mixes answers and figured id get the best from this forum. Im not so much on the budget side more so on the side that i want to have this car for a long time and wanna get the best possible enjoyment out if it while i do, shocks and strut wise im pretty set on koni and with springs im more than likely gonna go with bmr now barring that the drop in ride height isnt much

Quick Reply: Shocks and springs combo