Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSD 2-step opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default MSD 2-step opinions

been on the fence about getting a 2 step for my 01 m6 SS. This is a street car with most bolt ons including longtubes w/ no cats. My question is, is the 2 step worth having and i just want to hear people opinions on them, i have the extra money to get one so its no big deal if i get it just wanted to hear a little about it from other. let me know, thanks Andrew.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, definitely worth it if you go to the track and have a strong rear end to handle a clutch dump. If you're mostly on the street or going to the track with your stock 10 bolt rear end, don't bother with the 2 step.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with SweeTbone, stock rear will not live with the clutch dumps. I have the MSD 2-step and my son runs the lingenfelter 2-step. We both drag race and it is well worth it for being consistant on the launch.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:11 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SweeTbone
Yes, definitely worth it if you go to the track and have a strong rear end to handle a clutch dump. If you're mostly on the street or going to the track with your stock 10 bolt rear end, don't bother with the 2 step.
Originally Posted by 2011grandsport
I agree with SweeTbone, stock rear will not live with the clutch dumps. I have the MSD 2-step and my son runs the lingenfelter 2-step. We both drag race and it is well worth it for being consistant on the launch.
Thanks for the info guys, definitely helps. not gonna get a 2 step until i get a stronger rear end

Quick Reply: MSD 2-step opinions