Sponsored by:

Good Nitrous Systems

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Good Nitrous Systems

Question,

I own a 1998 Mostly Stock Trans Am. Besides aftermarket 17" rims, BF Goodrich KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth Bore Air Bellow and Granettelli MAF I plan on getting decent Aftermarket Headers/catback Exhaust, Better Suspension and frame tightening parts. What do you guys recommend as a good Nitroud system for someone who doesn't want to take his car out to the track on a regular basis but would like to have the power when he wants to.

Some people Recommend Dry Nitrous because of simplicity and cost but others recommend Wet because of better performance. I read that Wet Nitrous can can puddling in the manifold. Do you think this is true and do you recommend either? What particular brands and systems do you recommend?

Thank you for any advice.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

i think as long as you get the safety stuff, like window switch and fuel switch either one would be ok, if your not going to use it all the time you shouldnt have any worry's , it pretty much just personal preffence on which one you get, it think the cost is pretty close, if you want wet i would recommend nx from nitro daves performance
Old 05-18-2004, 04:55 PM
12 Second Club

NX MAF wet system is very nice, I have the prototype unit on my car.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:01 PM
TECH Junkie

i vote for the TNT F1 wet kit
Old 05-18-2004, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd sell the aftermarket MAF and put the money towards a TNT F1 kit. The TNT kit works very well with a bolt-on car. Check the classifieds for a heater, purge and window switch and you're set.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:03 PM
Launching!

i personally will be getting the nos dry kit easy to install and very clean looking and nos is a very well known brand. My friend had the same kit and loved it and it looked easy to install and as long as you don't go with a ridiculous amount 150 or so I will do 100 it should be fine.