Sponsored by:

LM4 ecu/ throttle by wire/ etc questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LM4 ecu/ throttle by wire/ etc questions

Hello.
first of all, thank you. ive been lurking for months and finally came to a point where i need help and searching is not helping. its getting overwhelming and there is so much with so much unique nomenclature that i dont understand what i am reading.

anyway. the meat of this thread is dealing with the lm4 and a budget swap in to an rx7. unique right?

i have decided on the lm4 for being aluminum block and basically a 5.3 version of the ls1. heads, cams, manifolds etc are all supposed to work right?

i also am running a muncie 4speed trans. a few writeups have helped me secure all those correct parts.

i went engine shopping today and found one out of an 04 trailblazer? (sourced from car-part.com). its complete with wire harness and all but it is throttle by wire.

my question is, will an ls1 intake manifold indeed bolt to the lm4 block/heads?
will the ecu freak out without the throttle by wire and a manual transmission?
can i have the ecu reflashed to correct those problems? and if so, where should i go to do it?

any other advice youd like to throw my way is welcome.

here is a pic of the car its going in to. I pulled out a 3 rotor engine, hoping this will be more suited for track use and beating. plus finding replacement parts when it does break should be a lot cheaper and easier.

thanks for your time!
Old 08-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

found my answers i think.
this writeup shows what modifications needed to the wire harness http://lt1swap.com/cable_conversion.htm

and this website will sell me a flashed ecu that should work properly
http://www.wiringspecialties.com/

seems pretty straight forward. thanks everybody for their help

Quick Reply: LM4 ecu/ throttle by wire/ etc questions